1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sqeaky sound coming from PC when loading.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CDdude55, May 18, 2008.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    The PC i am on right now(the one in my System specs) keeps making small sound when i load a new page on the internet or i click on something on the internet. What is it?

2. kyle2020 Guest

are your speakers up quite loud or whatever? i get it too, i think its just electrical activity played through your speakers, aka its nothing to be worrying about haha.

3. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    Could be the PSU but I doubt it because OCz make quality ones. But a cheapo generic PSU I used to have made high pitch squeeks when scrolling pages, loading apps etc.

Needless to say it blew a couple months after purchase taking 2 HDDs with it lol

4. kyle2020 Guest

ouch! cost much?

might i also ask, on steam, do you play CS:S? if so, did you used to play on a server called sneaky monster office? im sure i have played with someone of your username haha.

5. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    Didn't cost anything really, just a lot of music and films. Was an old 120GB with 2MB cache, and my 320GB seagate 7200.10, but that was under warranty thankfully. At least I got a refund from ebuyer for the £20 POS. Good old ebuyer! lol

Any yea, I used to play that server a lot lol. Haven't really played CSS much since I got TF2 though hehe.

6. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    One of the pc's at work makes sounds when on the internet too. Scrolling a page with the mouse wheel shouldn't make sound through speakers but this one makes like the sound when you rub your hands together.. Guess it's some kinda interference.

Is your sound coming through the speakers or from inside the pc?

7. kyle2020 Guest

cant beat ebuyer! haha. yeah i used to play that server alot too, dont play css anymore mind. i was called -TsX- Dante if you spotted me haha.

8. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, the name ring a bell hehe

9. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    From inside the PC. I turned down my speakers and i still heard it. But i don't see it causing any problems or errors.