1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SSD(boot) + HDD(storage) + SSD(HDD caching)

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Wijkert, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Wijkert

Wijkert New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there,

I just installed win7 on my new agility 3. I would like to use the C300 64GB (I used for my bootdisk) to cache my 1TB storage drive via SRT. I am not even sure that it is possible to cache an HDD without that HDD being the bootdrive, but I am thinking it should work.

For SRT to work the sata controller should be set to RAID mode. On my Z68-UD3H-B3 I have a Marvell controller and I was thinking that using both sata3 ports for the 1TB HDD and the C300. They don't show up in Windows however, so I am unable to use the IRST software to accelerate the storage drive.

I don't know enough about RAID configurations to figure this one out myself. I hope you guys can help me.

2. theeldest

theeldest

Thanks Received:
    No one wants to answer?

You can cache the storage drive. The cache and cached drive(s) need to be on the intel controller; the caching doesn't work across to the marvel controller.

Put the 1TB drives wherever you want, they're not even close to pegging the limit of SATA 2.