1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

STALKER modified game engine v0.1

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ketxxx, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Title says it all folks. I got fed up of stalker looking kinda crappy so decided to do something about it, obviously this is a VERY early modified game engine file, so is set to get much better given time. Right now I'm largely consentrating on image quality and sound tweaks to try and eliminate those very annoying occasional chug stop-start parts in the game where it flushes the sound cache.

Installing

Just extract the itx file to STALKER-SHOC folder

Uninstalling

Just replace the itx file with a copy of your original itx file (which hopefully you were smart enough to remember to back it up :p)

Let me folks. STALKER has good potential to look and play much better than it currently does.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  2. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    cool, ill d/l it now and give it a blast :) will report on how it goes

3. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    ummm, im running 1920x1200 and it doesnt look great, sorry bud :( i get an area effect of decent image with everything outside that circle looking pastey and washed out? almost like when you have view distance VERY low and everything appears as you move, just this is do do with image quality.

I understand this would actually help alot on lower spec systems by rendering hq images closer to your person, but maybe not needed for higher spec systems?

was that your intention?

P.S, i am no way implying ur system is low spec, far from it :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  4. inachu New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't find a fast download link for stalker demo.......

5. mikey8684

Thanks Received:

These 3 files are awesome :rockout: (check readmes for details on changes and game versions)

Image Quality --- http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Ultra_Graphics_Mode;78200 (This is a good one for those who have an awesome pc and complain :shadedshu the game engine is outdated lol ..... no offence to anyone)

Sound Quality --- http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Improved_Sound_Effects;78102

Full Game Mod --- http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Faiakes_Mod;78312

I highly recommend the Full Game Mod (has the sound mod in it already) and the Image Quality Mod, I have them both running and the game looks so damn good .... click the links above to check the readmes full of goodies. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

My thread has the link for the mod page here --- http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=29646

BTW I am using version 1.0001 of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Oh yeah and "Ketxxx" the modders give full permisson to modify there work so maybe you could add your own touches to these mods, providing you give them credit as well.

6. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    Will have a look in the am Ketxx thtanks ..F

7. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ahh im running the Faiakes mod, quite pleased with that one. Had the game 3 days and completed it, was fun while it lasted. Think ill play it again with a little less "oh shit whats around the corner" in some of the x-lab missions hehehe

8. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    ahhhh, that may explain why my system runs a "tad" slower with the mod, and why kets mod may have reduced the quality a bit?

but hell yeah, if you can Ket please mod those and make em uber :) :) :)

P.s. when u updating the memory latency thread? i have a score on post 169 :rockout:

9. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Now if only the AI could be less intelligent...

10. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nah, i think the Ai is nice, tho getting constantly plonked on the head by tin cans in a certain part of the game gets tiresom, and sore! :p

11. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Yup I reduced image quality to see how performance was effected. Interestingly, having it to details are more visible into the distance helped iron out the chug stop-start the game suffers from in areas. I'll have a much better modded file soon.

12. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Heres a new engine mod, V0.3. Lots of pretty tasty changes, HDR has been changed to look more like it does in oblivion, though if you ask me its totally out of place in STALKER, but many seem to like it.. meh :\ let me know what you all think.

13. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Yet more tweaks, I've changed the way HDR is used in the game with this version, looks much more realistic and varying light sources dont literally wash areas out into pure bright white.