1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

STALKER: Twilight K.E.T. v1.1

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ketxxx, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Haven't been here for a while so figure its probably best to make a new thread with no outdated info in it. I won't give away anything for TK1.1 yet, but I will give a load of screens and say its almost ready ;)
    DL LINK FOR TK 1.1 pre-release!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any questions? :p

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
    DrPepper says thanks.
  2. Dr. Spankenstein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where do I sign up for the download link to test?

Glad to see you back! How've things been?

3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Been ok m8, just been very busy with the real world. I don't like the real world though, the graphics suck :p I'm still looking for somewhere to hoast TK 1.1 where it will get a lot of public exposure. More screens incoming ;)

4. bassmasta Guest

wow, cant wait. the origional twilight was awesome. now I need to find my stalker dvd

5. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    I need to find somewhere where I can buy the game again... I want to play this, anyone know whether you can install mods to the Steam version?

6. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    If you thought TK1.0 was awsome, just wait till you play TK1.1. Its lightyears ahead. 56k warning, it will die trying to load this post, and the next.. and possibly the next post too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey this looks great. is it a graphics / weapons mod, etc?

i play with the "Weather Overhauled" mod and the "Endurance" mod. i like them both but this looks interesting

i like those weapons :)

10. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was going to ask you how Twilight was coming along! :p

Looks awesome so far - is that fog I see in some of those screenies?! :rockout:

nice weapon skins, too :toast:

have you tested for compatibilities with any other major mods yet (i.e. oblivion lost or weather overhaul)?

11. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    TK has always been a total overhaul mod making STALKER what it should of been. GSC\THQ are dubbing X-Ray in Clear Sky 1.5. My X-Ray is superior, thus I dub it X-Ray 2.0. TK1.1 by no means brings a finish to the project, the next TK will have new SP levels, missions, and will unearth more of the Chernobyl mystery than whats explained in the vanilla game. Levels I hope to revive for TK 2.0 (yes the changes will be that major) are;

Old Garbage
    Swamp level
    Lost City
    My own custom STALKER level... think a bit like the swamp, only with immense danger in the form of mutants and soldiers, towering trees with thick canopys, small abandoned swamp villages built over the swamp itself, etc.

New weapons are also in development, heres an early render for a few of them;

[​IMG]

and lastly, HERE is a DL link for the readme of TK1.1, its not quite complete, but you will get a good idea what TK1.1 does. Some of the weapon skins aren't my work... lets just say I "aquired" them from a certain E3 playable Clear Sky demo nobody is supposed to have.

12. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

thos models look interesting, man . . . is that a cross between a SVD and a Vintar I see there :D

that E3 demo is all over the place now, we've had a couple of threads here at TPU during your absence.

the mod still looks nice, though - damn wish I had the time to work on stuff like wayz back in the day . . . the only thing I'm currently working on with SoC is adding in a few more "localaity-specific" sounds to help add to the atmoshpere . . . slow going, though

13. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Have you figured out how to kill those invalid ogg comments reported in the console? They piss me off so much. Also, if anyone knows anywhere with the ability of a fast upload (nothing like megaupload or rapidshare) I'll release TK1.1 as it is now, beta form. That way at least you lot will have something to play while I finish TK1.1 :D

CaptainMitchell says thanks.
  14. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think I figured out a soultion to the .ogg comment BS, from reading through quite a few threads on the topic . . . and easier than breaking out the hex editor . . .

Download the MP SDK and install it;

when you save your audio file, save it as a .wav into the C:\Program Files\X-Ray SDK\level_editor\rawdata\sounds\ directory.

go into the level editor, and then on the right hand side in one of the tool boxes, you'll see s label "sounds" - l-click that, and then click on the 'sound editor' option in the pop-up box.

in the sound editor, you will only see .wav files found in the aforementioned directory, open your desired wave, adjust the settings (quality, default volume, dist, type, etc) however you'd like them, and when done click 'ok'.

the editor will then save comment the .wav file and convert it to and .ogg and place it into the C:\Program Files\X-Ray SDK\level_editor\gamedata\sounds\ directory. That's the finished and properly commented .ogg for use with STALKER.

I have yet to run into any audio errors, or .ogg comment errors or otherwise when the game engine loads up custom sounds doing this.

Only headache, though, if you click "play" in the sound editor to play the sound, it plays the .wav, not the commented .ogg . . . the only way to hear how any comment changes sound is to go into the game and let the X engine play it, as it uses the comments for determining audio playback.

-edit-

and I'm sure you already know, but make sure your saved .wav file is in 44.1khz 16bit mono format :toast:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  15. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Thats weird then.. I tried that some time ago and it didn't work. Game played the sound but I had an invalid ogg comment along with it :banghead: Ah well, I guess I'll let it be for now its not a huge problem. Playing around with the sound variables in the SDK is cool though, you can do some very interesting stuff :cool: By editing various sound files I got a very unique way of stealth implemented into the game, doesn't effect NPCs hearing or vision in the slightest, just puts realistic sound limitations in.

For example, stuff like the sound FX of the player waling and rustling through bushes etc, I changed the NPC AI hear dist down from 200 (I assume values are in metres) to 10. Works fantastic!

16. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

I assumed values were in metres as well . . .

I'm not 100% sure, but I think to get rid of the comment error, one must set the attenuation and type settings for the file (select a type, and click att by max or att by min).

although, without better documentation from GSC themselves, it's still just shooting in the dark . . . hopefully, we'll either have a newer MP SDK beta soon, or they'll finally release the SP SDK.

all I can say is that I haven't had any problems . . . yet :rolleyes:

17. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    GSC are going to release the SP SDK after Clear SKy comes out so I hear... I wonder why they won't release it before then (you don't have to guess very hard) :rolleyes:

18. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah . . . the STALKER mod community is pretty ravenous . . . they'd have SoC 100% fixed, and have 10 different versions of Clear Sky before GSC's version even hit the shelves :laugh:

I haven't seen such a ravenous modding community since the days of Quake and DukeNukem3D!

19. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Poor GSC... they can't do anything right can they? :p If they released that SP SDK now it would as good as burry them. Even without the SP SDK us modders have figured out how to inject levels into SP using the MP SDK :D it is pretty dman tough without the SP SDK to do though.

20. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    TK 1.1 imminent! ETA: 336hrs!

21. Dr. Spankenstein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Resistance is futile! Mwah hahahahah!

*tick-tock, tick-tock...*

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  22. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    lol you didn't even put "..." at the end of the tick-tock stuff.. makes it seem.. more menacing :p

23. Dr. Spankenstein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fixed!

Indeed,... more menacing... to be sure! :p

24. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    lol I meant it seemed more menacing without the "..." not with :p Eitherway, both ways work :D

25. bassmasta Guest

found something relating to the radiation bonus disk. didnt know the game included miniguns >.> would be cool to see mounted versions scattered around the world

Attached Files:

• mini.jpg
      mini.jpg
      File size:
      58.8 KB
      Views: