1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Citizen -- The next generation of Space ...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wiselnvestor, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Wiselnvestor

Wiselnvestor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Chris Roberts, the creator of Wing Commander, Freelancer is here to relive the SCS genre! He needs the support of the PC community to fund this project. The project is already 1yr in production.

If your a PC gamer, and you love playing immersive, always expanding space simulators where you can trade, fight, explore, and play as you like this game will need your support!
    Support this project to show PC gaming is still alive!

Extended Trailer - Star Citizen Extended Trailer - Squadron 42 [Cry E...

Website - http://starcitizen.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Star Citizen Announcement Panel from GDC 2012 (jump to 24:00 for live gameplay)
    http://au.gamespot.com/shows/gamespot-live/?event=roberts_space_industries_gdc_panel20121010

"The traditional publishers don't believe in PC or Space Sims. Venture Capitalists only want to back mobile or social gaming startups."

"I say they're wrong. I say that there is a large audience of PC gamers that want sophisticated games built for their platform. And inside this audience, a significant group of people that have always loved space games, and if given a quality one again will be happy to play it."

Share the news galaxy wide!

This was copy from a gaming site. I have check all the clips and kind of enjoy what this space sim has to offer and I have became a backer.

As of update#18 on Kickstarter, every 100k will unlock a new Star system. "Additionally, we’re going to unlock another star system at every $100,000 between here and $4 million." Hope you find this game to your liking and if you like to back this project I would suggest the link: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
    I think 100% of proceeds goes to funding the game, if you go Kickstarter, they keep 5% I think.

Thank you!
    Jaffakeik, erocker and Cold Storm say thanks.
  2. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    If it was anyone else attempting this I'd be sceptical. But with the original Wing commander, Starlancer, Freelancer guys working on it you know the title is going to be pretty good.

From the looks of it there taking the best elements of all the games they have previously developed and are rolling them into a more complete world.

The ship design and feel looks to be more on a par with starlancer, Ships are functional, They have space allocated to actually make them more than just a pretty model, Time has been spent to try include components and space for components that even in a digital fantasy world they believe would be essential. This is paramount to the feeling of an SCS, as ships need to have the feeling of having actual function.

I have not enlisted yet, I will wait to see what input devices they intend to use, the same team brought us freelancer that was 100% non stick orientated. And while freelancer was a very clever game it lost a lot of fans due to the lack of a cockpit view and no stick support.
    Wiselnvestor says thanks.
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i want more arcade space sims like X-wing alliance
    Easy Rhino and Wiselnvestor say thanks.
  4. Wiselnvestor

Wiselnvestor New Member

Thanks Received:
    6 Days left, we are at $3,359,511 and rising!

New video The Final Push (FINAL WEEK PUSH) on http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Or HD version on Vimeo

http://vimeo.com/53293424

Feel free to ask any questions regarding gameplay, control mechanics and any other questions at Roberts Space Industries forums.

Again, thank you for all your support !! For the Squadron! For the PC! For the Space Sim!
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm all for this game, donated some cash but it needs a better name. I'm thinking something with the words "Wing" and "Commander" somewhere in the title. Star Citizen is a pretty bad name.
  6. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    EA would sue the shit out of them if they used Wing Commander.

That being said, I can't wait for this game. Some of my best memories were flying in a starfighter and killing Kilrathi scum.
  7. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Star Citizen works for me, he can always change the name along the way if he comes up with something else ... and the game does look like it has potential to be great.

Maybe he reads TPU. We could always make suggestions.
    I suggest "Chicken Appendage Admiral" :D
  8. Wiselnvestor

Wiselnvestor New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    RSI Constellation Mk3 by Ryan Church, the creative artist and ship designer from Transformers 1,2,3 Star Wars episode 2,3
    Crew: 4 Max You can fly this ship with 3 friends !
    Similar shipclass: Millennium Falcon. First picture is battle mode below is the ships in Cruise mode.

[​IMG]

Full detail at http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/category/comm-link/

3 days to go and we are at 3,819,796 and rising. Looks like surpassing 4 millions in raised fund is possible. Thank you for supporting Space sim!

Edit: Fyi, Mr Roberts said if KickStater reach 1.5 mil raised fund there will be 2 additional flyable ships.
    "two additional flyable ship types which won’t be available through the main site’s progression. Origin M50 interceptor and the Drake Interplanetary Caterpillar armored transport (for salvage and… piracy.)"
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    MT Alex and Depth say thanks.
  9. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Very cool model. I especially like the detail in the front gun turret.
    Maybe I'll hang up my coding hat for awhile and take up modeling. Always wanted to get better at that.
  10. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    that artwork is great.

I've been reading up on the site a fair bit. That particular ship is designed for a couple of people to fly. 1 person can do the turrets while another steers, and finally a micro fighter can be launched from it and flown as well!.

Looking at the concept art it's absolutely staggering to think that will be in a game and usable.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  11. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I pledged for> Early Adopter (Digital)(35$) will get aurora ship,hope this game is worth it :)BEcause I never played space sims.
  12. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I want the Constellation ship. Expensive to add $165 bucks more though...
  13. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    actually i just need username or email adress of person who reffered me to add him as refferal and he will get some nice gifts as it says on my account.
  14. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I can't do that until the Star Citizen website recognizes that I donated through my Kickstarter account.
  15. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Oh ok than will wait for it to happen :) any information when alfa or beta tests will start?
  16. Kalevalen

Thanks Received:
    I got the Lancer package and one to give away later. Looks like they added some more ships/options Chttp://www.techpowerup.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2781787ome on 2014!
  17. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Star-wing Citizen-commander. You heard it here first folks.
  18. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    This is probably the best part of this project to date.

the-pledge

I don't know if the site has started to block non members yet so I'll copy the text for everyone.

19. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Ok, to bring this back to the front, There's less than a month to back this re-boot of Elite, named Elite: Dangerous. I know that some of us went whole hog on the Star Citizen backing, but Elite was the Zork of Space Sims, and the group could really use some of our cash. I'm bumping a couple of the Star Citizen threads to see if we can catch some additional bodies, who missed my original Star Citizen post over here back in October. *cheers* ;)