1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Discussion in 'Games' started by olithereal, Sep 29, 2008.

1. olithereal

olithereal New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have been playing this game lately, Star Wars: Republic Commando, and I must say it's great. I found it under my pile of game. A friend of mine gave it to me a few years ago but never got to install it before this week.

[​IMG]

You take place as a clone commander for a delta squad. The four members of your squad are a demo-man, a sniper, yourself, and a hacker.

[​IMG]

In terms of gameplay it's really fun, a great FPS, with a shield/health system kind of like halo but instead of health packs it's some health recovery system like in half life 2. You gotta tell your team what to do, where to position themselves, choose someone to focus fire on, send someone recover his health, make a formation to break a door, throw a nade and jump in or hack the door, etc. It is really fun IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An overlooked game in my opinion, if you guys are looking for a shooter to try out, pick this one, it's good.
  2. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I've been trying to get my hands on this game for ages.
  3. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Best FPS, squad based game I've ever played. Looking at the graphics today does explain why I had slow frame rates with my x850xt
  4. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    bought it for £10 near after release, it was out on xbox too
    its a console game converted for pc but it was a good game, nice graphics for the time the squad was mostly intelligent and it had some challenging sections

ending sucked and i thought it could use some more levels

still have it might boot it up if you want a game lol

someone left an original xbox in my aunt uncles house in spain which they rent out because they used to live there cut along story short they where going to just give it to me, it had been lying in a garage over there for a few months, cousin forgot to bring it with him and i eventually just bought it on pc for a £10 this was just after release a real bargain, surprisingly it was from game i got it lulz

think it came out in 2005 or 2004 will have to do a wikipedia on it