1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Wars The Old Republic Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by bokou, Mar 29, 2011.

1. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    I should join the clubhouse since I've been on the Bioware forums for TOR for years.

Ordered my CE within a couple hours of preorders going up. Can't wait until October.

2. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    Whats in October? lol
    They're saying Holiday 2011. ;)

3. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Holiday season is Q4 (Oct>Dec). Stress testing is in September and if all goes well they can jump into headstart shortly afterwards. My guess would be October as long as their September testing goes well (which it should - they've already done small scale stress testing).

4. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    You are correct but most of the time whenever a movie or game is slated for 'Holiday', it means the last month of the year. And since they didn't specifically say Q4 yet they said Holiday 2011, I am for sure guessing sometime in December. Hey don't get me wrong though. I would want it to come out tomorrow if it could happen. =D

5. Hotobu

Hotobu New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have to admit that I'm kinda geeked for this game. I really hope the CE is limited because I'm not ashamed to say that I've bought 6 copies of the CE and can't decide if I want to get a deluxe and sell all 6, or just keep 1 of them for myself. I really liked the first two games, and trust Bioware to make a good game so I'm sold on this being a quality title. Also have you all seen this? I'm almost certainly going to pick up the mouse and keyboard. I can probably get a better headset for cheaper, but that keybard is SO sexy. What I like most about it is that outside of Star Wars it just looks like a really sleek keybard, so it only gives off a medium nerd alert signal.

6. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    That is indeed a very good looking keyboard! Holy smokes on the $200 pricepoint though :( As soon as I move into my new place I'll be pre-ordering this for sure.

Are any stores doing any promotions for it?

7. Hotobu

Hotobu New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not as of yet. It's barely been announced and it's slated to release alongside the game.

8. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    I would love to get the mouse pad as I am still unfortunately using the WoW Cataclysm one as I foolishly bought their CE... I'm getting the Old Republic CE though =D

9. lemode

Thanks Received:
    I was up @ 12:05 am when the pre orders went live on Thursday. I got myself a physical CE from Origin.

I ordered a normal digital version as well on an alt Origin account. I will be rolling republic from launch but after I see what Empire classes do well @ end game PvP. I will roll one of them. I’m sure that will inevitably be the imperial agent.

I was in beta (about all I can say on a public forum) and this game is by far one of the best MMOs I’ve played in the last 10 years.

Can't wait to get my hands on one of the Razer Naga's SWTOR editions!

BondExtreme and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  10. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I hate you. :mad: :p

This is the first game in ages I'm excited about. And hopefully me and my sister will play together, would be quite awesome.

11. lemode

Thanks Received:
    Don't be h8'n!

Starting in September, BW is going to be doing mass stress testing like every weekend (if things go according to plan). As long as you’re signed up to test, I am sure that there’s a HUGE chance that you will get in. I can’t fonfirm or deny this but if you purchased the CE over one of the lesser versions, I have a feeling that will fuel their decision to include you in the weekend testing as well.

12. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Bioware have said that preorder status has no impact on being selected for testing at all. Chances aren't that massive of being selected either - there are over 1.5million people registered for testing and for stress testing they only need a couple of servers full, which is nowhere near 1.5 million users.

Thinking about it since they're only allowing 500,000 preorders for release they won't need any more than 500,000 testers at the most (to simulate launch numbers) which makes the best odds we can expect at 1 in 3. I wouldn't expect them simulating launch numbers though - they just need to cap a couple of servers (maybe one in each data centre so that'll be 4 or 5) to get good stats on how the servers perform under stress.

13. lemode

Thanks Received:
    Yeah what companies tell media outlets and what usually goes on are ALWAYS exactly what happens ;)

14. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Toss me on the list, looks like it has seen some more polish. I still have my doubts, but now I just got to pick a faction. Probably will be rolling Empire though, BH or Sith Warrior will probably be my main. Was thinking about changing my avatar as this was for the American Clubhouse, but if I roll BH, it might just stay :p

15. lemode

Thanks Received:
    in spite of you, i'm rolling a trooper! let my avatar remind you of this fact every day! :p

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Troopers do look sexy as well, its one of the reason I almost want to play goody two shoes side. But I like the theme of empire, and after watching the BH trailer I am sold (though the Trooper trailer was just as good :( )

17. lemode

Thanks Received:
    Regardless of which one you play you will have fun with either.

Prolly will end up rolling a trooper then Agent for PvP.

18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I would like to play both sides, but I've tried doing thats at the sametime before, just isn't for me.

19. lemode

Thanks Received:
    I’m the opposite! I need one on each side on the same server so I can kill nubtards on both sides!

20. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    If it's on the same server it's not bad. But any game I ever played, if you are on a PvP server you cannot play both factions on the same account (though I see you bought 2 games). WoW changed it so you can, but I haven't ever tried it. I have played a ton on both factions anyways.

21. lemode

Thanks Received:
    yeah after you n i talked the other night i pre ordered a basic digital copy so i could ensure i could play on the same server no matter what! ;)

22. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    BioWare already confirmed that you can play different faction characters on the same server.

23. lemode

Thanks Received:
    well i'll put my republic toons on 1 accct and my empire toons on the other :)

24. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    Ha! Lemode, weren't you also in my Cataclysm official thread way back? Bahaha. Good to see you getting away from WoW and switching to TOR with us =D

25. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:

Why would they lie about it? They would get more sales if it meant people would get into betas. This time I believe them when they say it doesn't effect your chances at all.