1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Jedi vs Sith

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Jun 2, 2009.

1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    This game hasn't been announced yet. However, after seeing this cinematic introduction it is one of the best I've every seen, PERIOD!. In all honesty they should make a TV series out of this! In any case, I hope we see this amount of detail to physics (please take note of it) and story line shown in this game as shown in this video (with improved IQ). A lot of hardcore Star War fans have been waiting to see what happens after the trilogy and now we get some form of it in this game. There is going to be a lot of hype about this. So Bioware will have to deliver the "goods"! This game should be very popular.

Windows Media HD

Quicktime HD
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
    Castiel, DaMulta, exo17 and 1 other person say thanks.
  2. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah if previous Bioware titles are any indication this should be great. Probably will be the next MMORPG I try. I'm still anxious to see how they weave a personal storyline experience into a massive MMORPG like they've claimed.
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I am |Kurgan| over on those fourms, probably will be the next MMO I play. Only issue I'm having is 4 classes per faction, they better have a slew of different paths to take on what role they want to fill. Because having 1 type of melee dps per side, 1 type of ranged dps, is going to get very dull unless they allow other classes to fill those roles too. I am really hoping for a non-lightsaber wielding melee class though.
  4. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just watched this on G4 (TV station)...damn good intro to the game. :rockout:
  5. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    That was probably one of the best pre-rendered movies I've ever seen..
  6. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Killzone 2 renders looked damn good too. :)
  7. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    That looked incredible.
  8. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    I loved the first KOTOR didnt like the next one they did hopefully this one will be the best of the series
  9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Looked great but I'm really not into MMORPG. Something with both single-player and multiplayer are preferable. Also, I'm still boycotting new Bioware games because of what they did to the NWN expansions, choosing to focus more on KOTOR because it may give more $$$ (and perhaps Lucas Arts paid more than Atari).
  10. Shadow*

Shadow* New Member

Thanks Received:
    yah i watched that trailer and can safely say i cannot wait for this to be released it looks damn impressive coming from the other "ones". Made me want ot buy another copy of jedi knight jedi academy :laugh: but they are like $150 for a copy on amazon :(...oh well this and swbf3 have me something worth looking forward to in this genre.
  11. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I watched that trailer yesterday and I was dumbfounded. It made me want to go back and play my Jedi Knight games all over again. This game is going to be amazing. I cannot wait. I haven't played and MMORPG since early WoW, but I think this one is gonna be epic. EPIC i say
  12. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    The story line of this video can be found here.

HolyCow02 says thanks.
  13. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow thanks for that. Really helps pull the story of the trailer together. Makes it even more EPIC! :toast: :respect:
  14. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Need.. Moar.... JEDI KNIGHT!!!! :D

Too bad it's an MMO though, but I love the Old Republic setting, so it should be alright.

Crazy side effect from loving the Jedi Knight games and the Kotor games: When I play Kotor I miss the movements and I go play Jedi Outcast/Academy, but then I want the story from Kotor so I go play that. Put it on repeat and you have my life. :(

Anyone knows anything about the force stuff? I'm not sure, but I think force users were more common during this age than in the Skywalker era, so there's room for some force users, but I would really hate it if everyone could be a Jedi/fully fledged sith.
  15. exo17 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Finally something Star Wars related I can look forward to. Looks promising, and knowing Bioware it'll probably be epic. Thanks for that EastCoast.
  16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
  17. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Bioware is a incredible developer makes me feel proud to be a canadian. the cinematic trailer looks better than the movies.
  18. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    O LORD YES~!!!!!
    THANK YOU FOR LETTING BIOWARE TAKE THIS ONE

Last dipshits OMG kick up out of game exe error almost all the way threw the game. Plus no one does story lines like BIOWARE can......

I played one and two almost the entire game NON-STOP!
  19. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Bioware are god fathers of the RPG genre. by the way in case no one has seen the Mass Effect 2 trailer at E3 (also kick ass) you can see it in HD on Youtube.
  20. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I just picked up KOTOR I and II and will be playing through them as evil as I can, must prepare!
  22. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    I prefer single player Star Wars games....Not that a multiplayer function would be bad but an MMORG is not what i would make.

Personally i cant wait for the Star Trek MMORG...Piloting a StarShip seems a lot more fun :)
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    If your comparing this to SWG, it's going to be a lot different, and they are going to have story based leveling. As you progress through your characters storyline you will level, not just kill things.

Also I'm not sure about piloting yet, but it is STAR wars, I would assume at release or some expansion will allow this to happen.
  24. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Ugh, I will never forgive them for making this an MMO. I hold Kotor as one of the best games ever made, the second on, not so much, but this is an outrage.
  25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I have heard that from a few people, it doesn't make much sense though, the Star Wars universe is massive, you should explain. And just wondering if your going to try it out, as you might find out you like it. You might want to check out some previews as it seems they have found a way to make this feel very muck like KOTOR, here is the best preview I can find around, it goes into a lot of detail.

http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/star-wars-the-old-republic-e3-demo-preview/
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009