1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO

Discussion in 'Games' started by HolyCow02, Oct 22, 2008.

1. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    *Grumble* Greedy bastards take a perfectly good series and MMO it, fuckers *grumble*

I hate them for this. Star Wars just can't be done like this, mainly because everyone wants to be a Jedi and thats ALL there will be. On top of that, Star Wars is heavily story based and most of those moments are scripted, something that doesn't happen with a MMO. I am VERY disappointed in Bioware on this one.
  3. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will be getting this.. If its good that is. I watched a video on gamespot where they talked bout it and the ideas sound awesome, but executing it might be difficult.
  4. SANEagent New Member

Thanks Received:
    It might not be all that bad actually. From the preview I was reading on IGN, it is supposed to be set up like an "interactive RPG"....by that I mean with the same type of story telling as a regular RPG...I guess there will be team NPC characters that you can use and each class and background has a different story arch....if they are able to pull that off it will be a first for the genre.

I really hope it will be sweet...I loved KTOR.
  5. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    I almost cried when I read it was a MMO until I read this

But still.......
  6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Still, I am not going to pay to play my game. You want a monthly subscription, then damn it, the game should be free.
  7. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    i agree. although even if the game was free, after say, six months of subscription you'd end up paying for a full retail game anyway. i downloaded EVE for free and ended paying a total of £100s over the years in subs