1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Starcraft II Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Fourstaff, Nov 8, 2010.

1. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I work nights and my main rig isn't quite set up yet (I just had the internet installed in my house for the first time in two years), but I'm also a horrible player and would love an equally unskilled practice partner. My info is in the OP and I'll be sure to post again once I'm set up. I'll likely be able to play on the weekends almost exclusively.

Dudebro. You totally missed out as it was 50% off from Blizzard until HotS launched. I'm glad you dig it, the game is remarkable.
    digibucc says thanks.
  2. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    Feel free to add me as well. Im silver in 1s right now as protoss. Name: ACRRyan. My # from WoL was: 786. not sure if its still the same.
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    it would be. join the TPU group (not clan) and co-ordinate from there.
    Aquinus says thanks.
  4. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I'm on SC2 on a regular basis. I don't think I would stand up against a human player in melee very well, but I've been training doing 3v3 AI. I used to do mostly arcade maps and I've been trying to get better at melee.

I joined the group if anyone tries organizing anything. :toast:
    My SC2 name is Blackfire.
  5. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I play mostly AI, 3's too. :)

I'm on the TPU group, but feel free to add me with my name/number from the front page.
  6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, I need to start posting in here again. The TPU group needs more players. Anyway, I am in the TPU group, Krythoth is my name. Currently Platinum 1v1. If anyone wants to join up, I can be a practice partner and a teacher if you want to learn more about the game. I am usually on from around 7PM CST till about 10PM CST.
    mlee49 and digibucc say thanks.
  7. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Oh and since I have a cold and it's freezing outside, I am online right now.
    Aquinus says thanks.
  8. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I just put my daughter to bed so I might be on soon myself.

Also if your browser has SC2 url hooks enabled, this should work as well to view the group in SC2.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  9. JC316

Thanks Received:
    If you wanna take a shot at some friendly 1v1 custom matches, let me know.
  10. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    SC2 name: Darkleoco
    # 332

Might need to hit up some TPU members for 3's and 4's, I'm currently sitting pretty at
    Bronze: Rank 12 (1v1) Rank 40ish(2v2)
    Gold: 70ish (4v4)

Anyone have some helpful tips they are willing to share?
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  11. JC316

Thanks Received:
    What race do you play as? Either way, macro and expansions are the biggest key. Get lots of workers and focus on building an army. As low ranked as you are, forget about spell casters and special units, focus on two units. Marine/Marauder, Zealot/Stalker, and Roach/Hydra.
  12. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I play all three fairly well though my protoss isn't as good as my zerg/terran, I don't generally have too much trouble except against golds+ who are getting HOTS and doing their 1v1 placement matches, though on occasion I find the gold or higher I end up smashing.

My macro I think is where it needs to be (most of the time) for bronze/silver 1v1 with my bases and army set as control groups and my army being split into 3-4 different chunks.

I have noticed that in long games though I end up losing map control unless my expansions are fairly well developed. I also tend to use most units, not just a marine/marauder, zealot/stalker, roach/hydra build unless I am specifically aiming for that from the start though I generally do MMM as terran.
  13. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like you should be ranked higher. Do you not play a whole lot?
  14. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I just got the HOTS and WOL bundle on Friday, no Starcraft experience before that so I haven't been playing for long but have a decent amount of matches, I also have seen my share of silver+ doing their placement matches that gave me unpleasant losses early on, and I have played my share of 4v4 and 2v2 in comparison to 1v1 as well.

Edit: Just ended up at Rank 8 Bronze for 2v2 after a couple wins :D
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  15. JC316

Thanks Received:
    I sent you a friend request, if you want we can watch some of your replays, and or we can play some 1v1 and see what we can improve.
  16. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Was just playing the single player campaign for Heart of the Swarm, and was constantly getting disconnected from battle.net.
    Every other game works perfectly. Is battle.net overloaded since the expansion released?
  17. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had any trouble whatsoever and have been playing 6 hours+ since friday.
    techtard says thanks.
  18. JC316

Thanks Received:
    No. I haven't had an issue and I got it on launch day. There was an issue of a patch downloading in the background that was causing that.
    techtard says thanks.
  19. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Did that request go through, I haven't gotten anything yet.

SCN: Darkleoco #332
  20. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i'm on right now if anyones awake. join the TPU group and message me via that.

like JC, i'll be happy to play unranked 1v1 matches or coop against AI. just be patient if you message me, since i wont be able to reply instantly if im already in a game.
  21. JC316

Thanks Received:
    For the really new players, and the people that don't really ladder much, get on youtube and watch huskystarcraft, both the bronze league heroes and the Ladder Anxiety series. It's a lot of fun and will give you some pointers. IMO, ladder is the single most addictive part of SC2, if you aren't playing it, you are missing out. I got burned out in the past and did the monobattles, but I am really enjoying ladder in HOTS.
  22. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    I thought maybe it was the crappy Realtek onboard NIC causing problems, so I popped an Intel Pro/1000 CT into the rig and everything worked fine for a while. Then the maddening battle.net disconnects started happening again, as well as a few bonus crashes to desktop.

Will try playing the campaign in offline and see if it will at least stop crashing.
    Finished the WOL campaign recently and everything was fine, this is so bizarre.
  23. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    the game does not crash. its stable. if you're getting crashes, its something on your PC and it sure aint networking related. personally i suggest undoing any OC.
    techtard says thanks.
  24. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have not heard of anyone having crashes at all, I'm stable across 3 machines and so are my friends even on crappy laptops.
  25. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Starcraft 2 is really stable. I have seen very few crashes with it. I have seen a couple of HotS crashes/freezes and looping voices from Kerrigan.

Battle.Net has been rock solid for me, no matter what game I'm playing (Blizzard owns me, btw)
    techtard says thanks.