1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Infests Stores March 12, 2013

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Its going to get much worse with HotS relase :mad:

Infestors everywhere is making my marines sad
  2. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:

Firstly, story wise Diablo 3 is no different as Diablo 2. They are both not focused on story and more focused on repetitive dungeon runs. Diablo 3 as a game right now is completely fine and all flaws have been updated and fixed. However, the lack of PVP arenas is sad.

Lastly, for someone to skip StarCraft 2 is a complete tragedy on every form of a gamer. StarCraft 2 is literally the best single player and multiplayer RTS ever made to date. If you pass on StarCraft 2, you're the one who is shallow, not Blizzard.
  3. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    For even a longer time, Zerg was suffering at release, it just takes them too long to roll out fixes.

Well, that is a bit of a rude way to put it, but your point comes across solidly.
  4. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't mean they can leave Zerg dominance completely unchecked for the past half year, but I think we are going out of topic here. When the game was released I told my friends that Zerg is powerful, but the map and gameplay is not suitable to bring out the best of them. Now that we have non-retarded maps and smart(er) Zerg innovators the game has been almost one sided Swarmfest, with excellent Terrans and Protosses showing brief periods of brilliance before getting overunned.
    mlee49 says thanks.
  5. Syborfical New Member

Thanks Received:
    After starcraft 2 and what blizzard activision did to wow I think ill pass.

I paid $80 for 1/3 of the star craft game now they want another $80 for the next 3rd.
    And since there is no lan support its not worth buying.

Its not like blizzard have come up with a new idea in 15 years
  6. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Not sure which currency you are using, but the original was $60, expansions are $40 USD.
  7. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I am not quite sure what you are talking about, the lack of LAN is a massive pain (especially in tournaments) but so far out of the 2000+ games it has not gotten more than a minor annoyance to me. Also, whenever I play the game, it doesn't feel like "1/3 a game" either, so can you please enlighten me on why lack of LAN is such a big issue, and also why it is only 1/3 a game. I have gotten more than 500 hours on this game, which is more than almost all the games I played combined over the last 2 years (except for Dota 2)
  8. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    You serious, or just ironic!??:twitch::eek:
  9. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I think he meant that the stories in both games are not that important. They're just backdrops to the endless grind.
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Diablo 3 was killed by the real money auction house. As for Star Craft 2 plot and me being shallow......well If I cared what you thought of me I might be hurt. :laugh:
  11. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I figured the RMAH would be a great addition. Turns out you have to grind hours a day for 3 months to find something worthwhile.

Not to mention grinding was OK in diablo 2 because you are always gaining experience. I hear they fixed this issue, kind of.
  12. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    So it's now okay to sell an incomplete game in thirds . . . to hell with that, it should have been released all at one time this game add 0 multiplayer content so your paying $40 for some cheap shit single player campaings that blizzard cheated you out of in the first place! FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK THATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu
  13. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I have over 40 hours put into the single player.
    I have over 2000 hours put into the multiplayer.
    This game is more complete than your top 3 favorite games combined.

BTW have you received the 5750?
  14. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    It's beyond fixed. The drop rates are very high now. Paragon levels make it even better. Real money auction house changes nothing. It provides an outlet for noob players who want to buy gear so they can get gear they would never otherwise have because they don't invest the time. It also provides an outlet for people who grind constantly to actually profit from it.

Lol... you must have never played the single player campaign. It is as long as company of heroes, if not longer. Please, the game is longer than most single player RTSs released. The only people who complain are those who have not played. Which is easier to do than actually invest money and play the game.
  15. NC37

NC37

Thanks Received:
    Is my argument. I even had a friend offer to get it for me but I told him not to cause for a game as old as it is, it shouldn't be that high. Blizz is being stupid, they're being...well...Activision. But even Activision finally had to drop CoD prices.

Used to love Blizz but the last few years have been terrible. From WoW, to SC, and then their messes with D3. They went from a quality studio to just mediocre.
  16. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    If you play Battlefield 3, but don't play Starcraft II because you think Blizzard is a bad company, you need to be dragged out onto the street and shot for such blasphemy.

Also the teams that makes D3 and SC2 are different.
  17. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:

Lol... You say that... But find a better PC game in their respective genres... You can't... Mists of Panderia is the best expansion in WoW. The talent tree changes have been brought down to a level where they got rid of many things that made no since to have because you either needed them, or didn't need them so why should you have to make a choice like that? They added scenarios, challenges, raid content and a raid finder. The player base is extremely high. Additionally, World of Warcraft has created all of the innovation in the MMORPG market... Other games MMOs copy what WoW dsoes.

The best RTS out right now is SC2. The professional gamer community is enthralled in, and besides that it has the best single player RTS campaign I have ever played. The multiplayer is so addicting and fun and challenging. THe ladder system is great. The player finder is awesome too.

Diablo 3 is hands down the best action RPG available. Where is the competition? Torchlight? HA!.. Seriously, you are talking about a game still stuck in Diablo 2 system with horrible graphics and a kiddy story. The Diablo 3 player base and auction house is extremely boalstered. It's the best action RPG period.

Blizzard is only lacking right now in one department... That department is the new and coming DotA and LoL genre. They are about to address that with "Blizzard AllStars".
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Titans Quest blows Diablo 3 away and MMO's are for children, virgins and socially inept dorks.
  19. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    In that case I should get it free since I bought the collector's ed. Still have everything in pretty good condition including the box... though the decorative stuff they put on the usb stick, that grayish stuff on the metal, has mostly rubbed off by now.

honestly though the price doesn't seem all that bad to me. The collectors ed comes with some pretty neat stuff. about to go pre-order the collector's ed at gamestop.
  20. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    I bought the collector's edition too... Wasn't really that bad of a price for everything you recieved. Ya my flash drive is looking pretty worn too haha. :laugh:
  21. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    hmm.. couldn't find the collector's ed on gamestop's site... I guess I'll have to call them about it.

yea... i wish it would have been a little more rugged, but then again I think it was meant to just sit there in the box lol. It still looks pretty cool when you plug it in. I thought about cracking it open to see if I could put a larger drive in it but I think I'll leave it be.
  22. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:

No it is not complete if you only get 1/3 of the story and then they want more money for the rest of it.

Yes I did get the 5750 last week, aparently the postal service lost it, then managed to find it again (PM me if you want the full story)

You should stop riding blizzards nuts long enough to open your eyes, that your being ripped off. And how dare you assume I haven't played it, this just furthers your ignorance :shadedshu. Stop your pathetic attempts to defend that which can't be defended under anything more than greed.:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu
  23. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it probably was lol... I get asked all the time at work: "Who is Jim Raynor?" :laugh:
  24. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    "ok" about the MMO part. They're not for all but they can be pretty fun.

WTH are you talking about? Should all Crysis games be considered one game as well? Heroes of Might and Magic? Warcraft II and III? Dragon Age? Strange and bad argument.

And I have to assume you didn't play it as you're saying it's incomplete. Because it totally is not. I was sceptic too at first, but when I played it it was a-ok, because it is a full lenght game. It is a full lenght game, and it adds tons and tons and more tons multiplayer content. It is actually a bit like Battlefield there (but with a better SP campaign/story): It's an MP game with a campaign.
  25. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    If you think of it that way, then multi-series novels are a waste also.