1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Starcraft II officially delayed to 1st Half 2010

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    i seriously have to agree
    something like sc and bw campaigns combined(as far as deepness) then made 3 times better lol
  2. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    this just blows. I sure as hell hope with this whole delay they rethink the LAN play. And this game had damn well better be perfect for how long it has been in development.
  3. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    eh, I'll still buy it.
  4. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Your not wrong there mate any country that makes a national sport out of it is bordering on obsession.
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  5. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    More Time = Better Game ?

Yea i am sure thats what 3DRealms had in mind about Duke Nukem Forever but even 10+ years after the game is still not finished....
    I used to love Blizzard...Stormed the market with Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo but ever since all they have done is support WOW and nothing more.... Hell with the money they have made from WOW they must be able to finish 100 games and not just SC2 and DB3 so please people lets not justify their delay.
    department76 says thanks.
  6. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Starcraft 1:rockout: (I was so addicted that I failed some of my subjects back on my college days:eek:) Starcraft II ( I wonder what devastation again can happen to me if Im gaming on it:confused:)
  7. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    Do you know who Blizzard is or how they make their games?
  8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    they get the game. they finish it.

Then they do something utterly unique in the gaming world - they play it. and they fix the shit that isnt fun.

incredible and hard to beleive, i know.
  9. Depth

Thanks Received:
    Yep. If every other game developer did the same the market would be radically different.

Wonder what would happen if Blizzard produced hardware... It would probably replicate the SC2 marine cinematic trailer during bootup :rockout:
  10. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    So bottom line we should play StarCraft 3 when we turn 50 because it will be better than if we played it in our 30s.......
    Been playing PC games since 1993 and through thousands of titles i can only think of 5-10 that were really programmed in such a bad way that i could not play them at all. Sorry guys but no matter how much i like Blizzard i can't justify them taking so long to create a sequel like SC2, especially since they scrapped Ghost in the process and certainly not when they keep updating WOW.
    Of course the rest of you can worship them like gods for all i care :)

PS : Hmmmm If Blizzard is a god amongst gaming companies what does that Make ORIGIN and Volition with the Wing Commander and Freespace series ? Both companies made games a lot harder and complex than either SC, Warcraft or Diablo......
  11. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    More delays. Hopefully the game will turn out great with all these delays!
  12. Depth

Thanks Received:
    Isn't there one team or subdivision in Blizzard working on each game? I can imagine the Starcraft team working their arses off trying to get down what was good with the original.
  13. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    yup, different teams for different games. they just make sure they have a priority list (they can move staff between teams, if one falls behind for example) - and SC2 is first on the list, with D3 next.
  14. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    All teams can be used for the same project or they can leave 10 people in one team when the team would normally have 50.
    WOW was nice, it was a breakthrough but enough with that, right now the graphics are lame and it really offers nothing to justify the manpower they have working on it.
  15. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    duhh.... it offers a few million users subcription fees :p
  16. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    i knew it would be delayed its been delayed so much but you wont notice it was really meant to be out ages ago

i mean it will look and play like a game that was meant to be out in Q1, good graphics and good gameplay still
  17. Ammugonevil

Ammugonevil New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well its worth waiting for... ive got no terminal illnesses im aware of......
  18. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes it offers them money but what does it offer to the gaming industry ?
    Graphics ? They are still almost the same as when it first launched.
    Sound ? The same thing.
    Sure it is addictive to many people but my opinion is that they should move on and either delete it in overall or build a new engine and thus a new version of the game.
  19. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    what does it need to offer the gaming industry? nothing, it doesnt need to.

It offers something a large amount of people want (which is a game that runs on their shit PC's) and blizzard delivered.
  20. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    So the rest of us who need something newer and better are shit upon by Blizzard.....
    Somehow that does not seem right to me but thats me i guess.
  21. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    expansion packs?

By your definition, they would shit on 95% of their market base, for the 5% with high end machines, makes no sense to me.

it would also be shitting on their millions of customers if they didnt keep people working on WoW, and went to work on something else.
  22. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    In my opinion WoW graphics, especially in Northrend is not realy outdated, shadows on max are kewl and kills your PC, it just looks beautifull. Its not the shaders, bump, specular, normal mappings, its the design and art...
    And would so much people play it, if it had requirements of Crysis? No of course.
  23. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    I don't see how FAIL of the Lich King is anyehere near finish at lease :slap:
  24. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Then you should play WoW more. Even though they've released Wotlk without the complete content located in their say.. mission statement. The actual "released content" is enough to keep you occupied til your 80 years old and yes thats with a high level of exaggeration.
  25. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I remember eagerly awaiting WC3 many moons ago, and how many times that got pushed back. Really the best thing to do is get this game completely out of your mind. Don't read up on it, don't keep up with it. That'll just make it all the harder to deal with the release dates constantly being pushed back. We probably won't see this game till Fall 2010. Just find something else to keep you busy for a year and before you know it SC2 will finally be here.