1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Starcraft Problem!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ravenas, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone ever tried playing Starcraft & Brood War on Vista 64-bit? It's a huge pain. Nothing seems to fix it either...

The Problem:

Everytime I try to play Starcraft on Vista 64-bit I get to the load out screen where you learn the story line ect and then launch. After I launch it gets stuck at a "black screen" everytime, no matter what. I've tried all compatability modes, additonally I have the game set to run in 256 colors 640 x 480 screen resolution and I disabled visual themes..

Any ideas on how to fix this? :confused:
  2. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't work well for me either. I get the black screen sometimes. This was a while ago however, and haven't installed since. I'll re-install and see what my problems (if any) are.
  3. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Works for me.

Make sure to have the latest patch applied.
  4. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    ya i just installed it with compatibility settings on win 98/me and installed the 1.153 patch and working fine for me got to the 6th mission and no problems so far not even running the game in compatibility mode its running normal
  5. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Crazy, because I renistalled it and downloaded the latest patch...Worked for 2 missions...I took a break, and now it back to the same thing again. :shadedshu
  6. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    home premium 64-bit here, runs just fine and dandy online, honestly, i never touched the campaign ever
  7. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    ya i forgot to say i'm running Vista 64bit ultimate and no problems pleyad 11 missions so far and nothing all running smooth so far