• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Starting a Home PC repair service, EULA and liability help?

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
My 2 cents. I haven't read the EULA or liability agreement but the risk is low and going LLC isn't particularly justified for occasional help. Should you find yourself with more business (and particularly contracts with businesses), a LLC is highly recommended. Here's a quick glimpse of the steps to do an LLC: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/west-virginia-form-llc-31736.html

System Name Felix777
Processor Core i5-3570k@stock
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Rosewill CAPSTONE 450watt
Software Win 10 x64
I'm with you 100% on doing this as a hobby. A decent flow of income doing something you like is awesome.

I did read the original posts. They concerned me because they have some pretty vague terminology. You don't seem to be the kind of litigious jerk who is capable of writing them, and I'm not capable of doing much better than what you've posted. A lawyer might charge you $100 for an hour of consultation, but you can purchase a pre-produced form from them. They'll know the legal system better than either of us appear to, and should there be a question that lawyer is generally bound to respond because they provided the form and accepted payment for their professional services.

Remember, there is legal liability out there that forced chainsaw manufacturers to write "Do not try to stop moving blade with hands or genitals." Litigious people will always try to find a way to hurt you if they can. By having a professionally prepared release of liability, and by keeping this business as a hobby, you're doing the most reasonable thing that I can imagine.

yea when I was looking up default or random liability papers around the web I barely understood a lot of it, let alone my local community which as I said live like its still 1980. I'd hate for them to ask me, "what en de hell does this mean?" and me say "I don't know, but its saves my ass!!" lol

EDIT: hmmm would you guys keep a business name even though i'm not going to be official? just for formalities and to make it look good? or just use real name?

Last edited: