1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Startup issue

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tinyfish, Dec 5, 2005.

1. tinyfish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sometimes a bluescreen appears after Windows has loaded, you know after the logo and preloader. Anyway I never get too see the text on the bluescreen since my PC reboots few seconds later. First I thought it had something to do with my Geforce 2 GTS where the fan was crap but now when I've installed my new X800XL the issue is still there. Does'nt happen everytime you start it, but once in a while.

I'd love someone to tell me more about why this happens and how it can be solved, I've tried to get some help on IRC channels but without success.

I've been running with my current system for along time without this issue, it began appearing some week ago and now I'm getting worried

I'll post my PC specs just incase they could be for any help

CPU: P4 2,8 Ghz Prescott
    MTB: Abit IS-7e
    RAM: 1GB DDR, one stick is a KingMax Superram, the other is some A-Data, but not sure.
    GFX: Gigabyte X800XL
    HDD:40GB Samsung Spinpoint

:respect:

2. nick255 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I assume ur using XP, theres a checkbox under startup and recovery in system, advanced tab, which if you untick should stop ur pc from rebooting when it bluescreens, you should then be able to see the error msg and if you post it here, it might help explain the problem.

3. tinyfish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I've unchecked it, ill post what it says next time it comes. But if you have any ideas meanwhile, please let me know.

4. Poisonsnak New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, how long has it been since you installed windows? I mean if you're getting bsods I would say either your computer is not stable or you're due for a good format.

5. tinyfish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Might be because of my PSU ?

6. Poisonsnak New Member

Thanks Received:
    anything's possible I guess, what kind of voltages do you have while you're running ATITool? If you get atitool and systool both you can monitor your +12V, etc while loading your system to the max (ATITool does 100% CPU and video)

7. tinyfish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Agpv: 1.6v
    Vcore: 1.33v
    Ddr: 2.64

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  8. Poisonsnak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, those sound reasonable. How about PSU rails like +12V, +5V, +3.3V? Anyway I would try memtest86+ and occt to test ram / cpu stability at this point.