1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam chat issue

Discussion in 'General Software' started by samijokipuu, Apr 21, 2009.

1. samijokipuu New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah so when i'm playing dod and someone sends me a message it doesn't pop up in the screen and when i press shift+tab it doesn't do anything, now this thing worked once i don't know what happened, it didn't work then it worked and now it doesn't work again, every time i wanna reply i have to alt tab which you know is slow and innoying, so were is the problem ????? my os is 64 vista ultimate, now i don't think anything has changed from when it was working to this date, everything is updated to date.

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I have the same issue with Vista x64 while running EVGA Precision or anything else that uses an OSD type of setup, even with OSD disabled in Vx64 I can't get Steam messenger/OSD to come up. Close precision, and it's all good. Kind of sucks, but same thing happened in W7 beta x64 too, but a buddy of my on x86 does not have this issue. I'm over it anymore, since my clan mostly uses teamspeak I don't really have much of a use for Steam OSD.

:toast: