1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam Closes 2011 with 100% Sales Growth, 5 Million Simultaneous Users

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 6, 2012.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    [troll]I still hate Steam.[/troll]

...I could probably break that down into every character being a different URL (only on page 5 of 28,300 in the Google hits). :roll:

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I just wish they'd unify retarded price differences. Internet is the only place where country borders don't mean a thing. Except on Steam. US mostly gets games so freakin cheaper than here in EU which is really lame. Not to mention during deals time, almost every day there was 1 game that had "This game is not available in your country". WHY for god sake? Are my euros any less worth than from someone else? Sell me the god damn game. And then you see in some random news 5 minutes later how they bitch over piracy. Well, no shit sherlock...

3. robal

robal

Thanks Received:
    I'd be interested in BF3, but won't buy it anywhere else than Steam.
    Sorry, I'm too old and too happy with Steam to consider using anything else.

4. R_1

Thanks Received:
    Anybody heard last July that : "Microsoft announced this week that the Steam competitor will be absorbed by Xbox.com", so who is Valve?

5. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Hmm...my join date is the same as yours, Sep 14, 03. I remember being reluctant to use steam and preferred using the in game server browser with cs. Then they finally forced everyone to use steam and I was not too happy.

Anyway, I think steam is great now even though I don't have many games on it. I only have valve games, the commandos collection and the X collection since they were on fantastic sales.

Valve has done it right in my book. I'm just longing for the next Freeman adventure. :respect:

6. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    yea...this is where my sons college tuition goes...

7. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    So you'd rather buy a shitty game on Steam, and support a company who makes terrible products (console ports with a buggy laggy terribly optimized PC version), than a great game on another platform, and support the company that took the time to make one of the best games in years (with fully functioning PC version that is also the most well optimized DX11 title out)?

I think I see why BF3 didn't sell as well as EA\DICE hoped...

8. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    retail steam prices in our region are diferent, Skyrim for example, i only spent ~$35 (pre-order) (also comes with a freebie lol), best $35 ever spent imo.

Also, super old games are still selling in steam, and i heard it still sells well.

9. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Member since 2005.

134 games and counting(not even including DLC and Add Ons that comes up to like 184...)

10. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had steam since November 2004

11. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Points all very well made. I shouldn't have really called EA the "little guy", I was actually referring to the Origin service itself.
    However, I never implicated that I disliked Valve or the Steam service in any way. I take advantage of all the special sales they provide every now and again. Your definitely right about Valve taking the advice of their customers. No spyware, viruses, or extreme DRM.
    This is the #1 reason why I didn't get BF3, but I sooooo wanted it. However, with the horror stories I have read from people using it, I just decided to stay away. And your right about EA not running any sales on Origin, since they have so much money and are new to that side of the industry, you'd think they would entice potential customers with low prices, but the reality is that they aren't even trying.