1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam games gift?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Solaris17, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    So I havent had a desktop since last october. I just use my laptop until I can afford a CPU. I havent been installing steam because their really isnt a point. I cant play anything. I installed it last night so I could chat with people. and just now I was looking through my library and found "steel storm: burning retribution" which is apparently $4.99 i havent been on steam for maybe 2+ months and if people remember my thread from before i hadent been on in about 9 when i forgot my password. I havent been around for the community update or anything. Anyway iv never bought this game in my life. No charge of it has been made on my account and I didnt recieve it as a gift. This happened before when I got my password back I had like 6 games I had never seen before. In this case just like then I know I have never bought it. and just to be clear im not complaining im just wondering does this happen to anyone else?

If only HL2 ep3 was my phantom free game sigh a boy can dream.

2. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    A few things showed up in my Steam inventory at random points, not counting passes or coupons: HL2 DM and Nuclear Dawn, that I can remember. Not sure why...they just showed up one day.

Solaris17 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    It was part of a Humble Bundle. If you got, or were gifted, the Humble Bundle, you would have that.

It might also be a "free weekend" deal. It shows up in your library like you own it but you really don't. If this is the case, it will disappear tomorrow.

Norton says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    That happened to me with Borderlands 2 a while back.... was part of a free weekend just like you said.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD