1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Marineborn, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    alright guyz, im new to steam as of a couple days ago, but im quite savy when it comes to programs, now when i boot steam window comes onto the screen and i login brings me to the main steam window i click on the store tab go to buy a game any game ive tried multiple go to buy for myself in checkout it asks me to log into my account i type everything in ive tried it about 40 times i know im not getting it wrong and it either kicks me back to the main page upon login to steam or just like flickers and displays the page again with the login screen again asking for user name and account to buy the game the same thing happens when i try to log onto steam community the page just flickers when i login and just doesnt show that i got my password wrong or anything but when i type my password in it says i got it wrong but when i type it in right it flickers and just doesnt log me in at all, ive tried uninstalling reinstalling 3 times redownloading steam. patching. resetting. changing passwords and usernames. took my firewall down, plugged my computer directily into the modem, took down windows defender, disabled avg. any ideas?

2. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exit steam, go to your steam folder, delete clientregistry.blob and steam.dll. Open steam back up and it should update and ask you for your username and password. See if it works after that.

3. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    that was a no go? is there 2 diffrent steam names you have to have? 1 for loggin IN? and for for download and buying games? just curious

4. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope it works around the same username.

5. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    There is alot of people haveing problems with steam lately.