1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Discussion

Discussion in 'Games' started by MxPhenom 216, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    You never know what Valve might allow us to do in the future. We can dream. :rolleyes:

As for me, I barely bought anything this year.

-Poker Night at the Inventory
    -Poker Night 2
    -Borderlands GOTY
  2. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I'm very disappointed that I forgot to buy some add on packs for Pinball FX during the sale. Crud.
    erocker says thanks.
  3. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    You can resell the cards if you want. Often times for more than you paid. In the future all exchanges will be made in steam trading cards, not filthy FIAT currency!
  4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Valve might for their titles but it is extremely doubtful any of the other publishers will go along with it.

Cards aren't games.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. chinmi

Thanks Received:
    i only buy Final Fantasy VII & Strike Suit Infinity in this year steam summer sale... shame on me :respect:

but well... maybe it's because i got better deals else where then steam... with gmg, gog, humble bundle, indiebundle, gg, amazon and others is already giving lots of discount through out the year, steam is not my primary shopping digital game anymore...
  6. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm, trying to remember what I bought during the sale.

Civ V Gold Upgrade and the Brave New World expansion, Tomb Raider, FEZ. I bought The Walking Dead DLC before the sale. It was quite the small Steam Sale for me.

Although. I suspect that there are many people in this thread that are like me. I have many games I bought years ago that I never finished.
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Because despite the hype there really isn't all that many good AAA PC games to be had. Mostly indie stuff that's......mediocre at best. Sometimes you get a gem like Limbo but most are just crap.
  8. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I was hoping the steam sale would show me some awesome new strategy game to play that I somehow havent heard of... and it didnt...

O well guess I'll keep waiting for rome 2
  9. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    You didn't like the looks of Wargame?
  10. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Bastion is one to be had definitely, saw my friend playing it once when I was over his house. I've heard good things about Deadlight too. But for the most part, I agree with you.
  11. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't have to be super high budget game to be fun. Killing Floor is almost like a very high end mod for Unreal, but it's so freakin awesome that i probably have by far the most played hours in it. Natural Selection 2, bought it 2 days ago, again, not a triple A title, but the thing is freaking awesome. Then again i also have Battlefield 3 which i never played online, CoD:MW3 which i never played online, Crysis 1 which i never played online, Crysis 2 which i only played it twice and it was rubbish on game release. All AAA titles and i never had as much fun as i had with Killing Floor and Natural Selection 2. And there are many really cool indie games like Eufloria which i had tons of fun, Plants vs Zombies, Windosill, Defense Grid, Sol Survivor, Cubeman or the crazy Zombie Shooter. I had so much fun with these games and they weren't a multimillion product. Someone pretty much coded these in a garage...
  12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:

Yep, exactly. That damn coupon really started my forum ventures too, actually. Back then I didn't know anything, and thougth the game was in the box..bought an ASUS 9800 XT just to get that stupid coupon.
  13. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I already have both and have played since the first games beta. The problem with wargame is the community. Good balanced fights are few and far between.
    MT Alex says thanks.