1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam/Ubisoft Far Cry 2 Activation issue

Discussion in 'General Software' started by bpgt64, May 23, 2009.

1. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    My Steam account was hijacked, and Steam(I buy most of my games through them, usually when they go on sale, can you say 23.99 Orange box?) was great about resetting the password and getting me back in controll of my account with them, but unfortunately I have several games purchased through Steam, all of the Valve games are fine and run reinstalled fine, but Far Cry 2, is being a pain. It's telling me my CD Key has been used 5 times and I need to revoke one of the installs to get it to unlock a new one. Unfortunately due to the account problem I can't really do much in the way of fixed it myself. I have emailed Ubisoft, and Steam. Steam says it needs to be dealt with by Ubisoft, and I agree.. The only phone contact number at Ubisoft charges you like 2 dollars a minute to call them. So after all that, do I just need to wait untill Ubisoft gets in contact with me via email or?

2. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the same problem with Crysis Warhead on steam. My advice, give up. They aren't going to help you.

3. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Well see I bought Warhead and the regular through EA's Store, never had much problem with them...just Ubisoft sucks.