1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam's Autumn Sale

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by stinger608, Nov 27, 2013.

1. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    kenkickr says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    yea bought skyrim for $7 as a gift for the future.

stinger608 says thanks.
  3. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Time to pick up Outlast for $6.79. I passed last month during the Halloween sale when it was $13, but I believe the time has come for me.

I hope the rest of the sale brings some goodies :D

stinger608 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Whats dumb is I bought skyrim legendary edition at $20 to upgrade my skyrim (originally purchased at $25) because the total cost of hearthfire dawnguard and dragon born dlcs (at $25) are all greater than the cost of the legendary. Then I rebought Skyrim basic for my gift library at $7 because I figure it would make a good birthday gift for a friend. Steam needs to be more intelligent about this. TLDR had to pay $7 more for what I already own.

stinger608 says thanks.
  5. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I just grabbed Walking dead and the DLC for $15 bucks. My daughter is going to be crazy happy.

stinger608 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    [EDIT] Whoops sorry I meant to edit my previous message but ended up deleting it instead!

There's a catch I didn't know about or perhaps I didn't figure out how to make it work properly.

Trine 2 - it was really cheap, less than €2, and if you buy 3 copies it's €3.99 for all.

So I bought the 3 copies version, thinking one will be for me and the others will go to my inventory for later gifting. I downloaded my game but somehow I couldn't put the other two in my inventory. Then when I checked today they were back up in price and I had no option except to either cancel the other 2 copies or pay the higher price for them.

Anyway, so far I've bought...

Trine 2 (still not sure if I got 3 copies for €3.99 or one for something less than €2)
    Skyrim for the kid €7.49
    Outlast €6.49
    Dishonoured €7.49
    Deadlight €2.39
    Metro Last Light €10.19

[​IMG]

Kaynar, stinger608 and MRCL say thanks.
  7. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Bought Hotline Miami, Universe Sandbox (awesome for a space geek like me) and Risk of Rain. I wonder what will be up next.
    Of course, as usual with steam sales, one does tend to break down and cry. I've been bullied into buying Defiance for then 50 Euros. Seeing it now for 5 Euros on sale is painful.

8. Klean New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sweeeet!

9. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
    Or you simply go to a friend that has skyrim with all DLC, copy the DLC (single .esm file) into a large USB stick, go to ur pc, paste them into your Steam Skyrim directory data folder and there you are, you got all DLCs working on ur pc as well because the DLC loads just like all addons load.

stinger608 says thanks.