1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries and Valve Announce Multi-Title Agreement for Co-Branding Gaming Surfaces

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jun 7, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    SteelSeries, the leading global manufacturer of gaming peripherals, today announced a new partnership with Valve Corporation, entertainment software and technology company and creator of the popular Steam platform and award-winning properties such as Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Portal and Left 4 Dead. Through a multi-title agreement, SteelSeries will work closely with Valve to design co-branded gaming surfaces, specific for Valveā€™s most recognized game titles.

[​IMG]
  2. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Great peripheral company + great software company = it's a win win for everyone
  3. AndreiD

AndreiD

Thanks Received:
    I want my Portal 2 themed mouse pad!
  4. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully they will... for science.

If not, you monster!
  5. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Me wonders why whenever Razer ties their product up with some games its heresy and milking while when other companies do it its cool. I prefer my gear unblemished by random designs thanks.
  6. DoomDoomDoom

DoomDoomDoom

Thanks Received:
    Dammit, they had to announce this now, not a few months ago? Don't get me wrong, I love my Steelseries 9HD, but a Valve themed one would be SO MUCH BETTER.

So unfair.
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Even more so if the game is not even out as ya gonna hate that $40 mouse or what ever if the game sucks balls.
  8. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Meh, Steelseries pads are overpriced as it is already.
  9. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I agree, i got a Cooler Master Storm Tactics Mouse pad for about $15 and have never looked back. Great quality at a great price, the SS ones look real nice but the pricetag isn't as good :(
  10. extrasalty

Thanks Received:
    I spent $40 on my S&S and I've NEVER regretted it. It works great with laser at 2000 dpi and when my Razer died, my old ball mouse from the 90s from Pentium II works great with it too. The only problem with it- when you buy one you will never need to replace it.
  11. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I spent $20 on an Xtrac Pads Ripper XXL deskmat. It's 6x+ the size of a typical mat, cost half as much as Razer's overpriced junk, and works just as well. It should be mentioned that I much prefer cloth mats.
  12. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    mousepad? i haven't even used a pad since i got my first optical mouse. honestly what's to keep me from putting a Half Life 2 logo on a cd and having walmart make me a mousepad?

tbh though their (walmart) image quality on their maouse pads isn't so great.

If steelseries makes a half life based pad, i'd consider it. and then i'd have to choose between that and their SCII pad