1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Ikari vs Xai vs Sensei

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by GhoXen, Oct 25, 2011.

1. GhoXen

GhoXen

Thanks Received:
    I've always heard good things about SteelSeries, and after seeing the Razer Blade I'm fully convinced that Razer is going to hardware hell. From what I understand Ikari, Xai and Sensei are the top gaming mice SteelSeries offers.

I understand that Sensei doesn't offer any performance improvement over Xai. Indeed I wouldn't even have considered the mouse if it isn't for the fact that I can get a Sensei significantly cheaper than a Xai. Is there anything I'm not aware about concerning superior performance or build quality that Xai may offer?

I'm also aware that both Xai and Sensei are ambidextrous, with two thumb buttons on each side. I'm a right-hander and I doubt that I will ever use the extra buttons on the right side. Will those buttons simply get in the way or make the mouse less comfortable compared to an Ikari? By the way the Ikari costs as much as a Sensei.

Thanks in advance.
  2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    My 1st Razer mouse was sweet ( Diamondback ) but only lasted just over a year like the other 2 razer mice i had ( except one lasted 6 month ).

I have owned the Xai and still feels the same as it did when i got it although only been six month yet so who knows. Although i am really like using it and all the buttons and wheel feel easy to use with no force really required which i use on there glass mat.

I cannot speak for the others.
  3. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I love my white Ikari laser. Tried a lot of mouses before settling on that and I have yet to find something as comfortable. Performance has been flawless. I brought the top end down to 2400 dpi.