1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Kinzu Optical Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Frederik S, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
    KieranD says thanks.
  2. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Nice review, it is a great mouse with a budget price.

The problem with the whole SteelSeries range is the difference in price between models. Im sure adding a few buttons is going to be a little more expensive but the difference between the Kinuz and Xai is only a few buttons.

The Kinuz if it had possibly 2 buttons on one side that would make it perfect, the Xai is that mouse but its a little bit pricey.

So if you can do without any extra buttons, possibly use macro keys or something instead then yes this mouse is perfect for the price.

3. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    I don't care how good a mouse is, if it doesn't have side buttons I won't touch it. And I think the lack of side buttons should've warranted a lower score.

4. department76

department76 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i totally agree, which sucks because i like the mouse a lot and i don't see how a couple buttons would have bumped the price much higher like the xai. i use forward/back on my current mouse about 200 times a day. that and in games the same buttons serve as my voicechat and melee binds...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  5. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Great! it's cheaper then their laser gaming mouse....but then they skimp on the side buttons:wtf: Not much of a "gaming" mouse with no extra bottons.:(

department76 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    this mouse was said to not have angle snapping enabled but it is and it's plagued with positive acceleration which isn't a isolated issue judging by the hundreds of comments posted on their personal blog so I don't understand...

[​IMG]

buttons aside the xai uses the best sensor on the market the Avago 9500 laser sensor it also has the accessibility and configuration (angle snapping, jitter) which are hot topic issues. the only thing they have in common is build materials.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  7. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    IMO the mouse has almost no problems with the angle snapping. It handles much like a MS 3.0 / 1.1 / WMO. Nothing like the MX518 or other mice with serious angle snapping going on. It is perhaps a bit more pronounced than with the DeathAdder, but it is to close to call in game.

These issues people talk about are not major at all. Almost all sensors have angle snapping to some extent and a form of jitter correction the amount and how intrusive the algorithm is depends on make and firmware.