1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Stock C2D E6400 Vcore

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by anticlutch, Feb 16, 2007.

1. anticlutch

anticlutch New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just like the title says, what is the stock vcore for an E6400? A post from overclock.net says "It depends, the A revision CPUs have a 1.325vcore as standard, and the B revision CPUs have a 1.2vcore as standard." So since CPU-Z says my CPU revision is B2, I *should* be getting 1.2 stock... but my mobo puts it at 1.36v on auto.

Also... does anyone know why CPU-Z's vcore measurement is different than the motherboard's? If I set 1.3v in the BIOS, CPU-Z and Everest both read it at 1.28 or some other number lower than 1.3v... which reading can I trust?

Any information will be appreciated :D

2. Jadawin

Jadawin

Thanks Received:
    The Auto setting may be wrong because your BIOS doesn't recognize the B2 stepping yet. And you can't trust neither your BIOS, CPU-Z or Everest for the real vcore, it's all more or less estimates. If you want the real voltage, you'll need a voltmeter ;)

3. anticlutch

anticlutch New Member

Thanks Received:
    :(
    I was hoping that it wouldn't come down to that

4. Jadawin

Jadawin

Thanks Received:
    It's perfectly normal that you get a bit of fluctuation in the readings between BIOS and CPU-Z. In the end, the voltage doesn't really matter if your CPU is stable and not too hot. So if you set the voltage to 1.2v in the BIOS and your machine is stable and you can run some stresstests without problem, everything's fine. If you need more voltage, fine too, as long as it's stable and within normal temps.