1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB][US] stock heatpipe AMD AM3 cooler

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by stinger608, Oct 16, 2011.

1. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much what the title states, LOL, looking for one of the stock AMD coolers that have the heat pipes for an HTPC build. Either one of those or if someone has a great low profile cooler I would probably prefer that:toast:

Thanks in advance
    Dano

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. m4gicfour

m4gicfour

Thanks Received:
    I was going to say I had one, but I checked and it's the older pre-heatpipe cooler for S939 parts :ohwell:

I don't have one for sale, but I can make a recommendation for aftermarket parts, if you would like:

I'm using a Scythe Shuriken in my HTPC. Works great for a dual-core, if you need a really short HSF. A quad might be a bit much for it. (see reviews) It's 64mm tall.

If you need more cooling than the Shuriken can provide, the Ninja Mini works well, used it on my PII X4 940BE and was able to get _almost_ stable at 3.5Ghz with 8GB of ram. Works great for it's size if you can find it somewhere. (seems to be out of stock in most US stores. NCIX's Canadian side has it :confused:) 115mm high.

The Scythe AMD mounting brackets fit almost disturbingly tight, which is a good or bad thing, depending on your point of view.

stinger608 says thanks.
  3. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    stinger608 says thanks.
  4. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    stinger608 says thanks.