1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Strange horizontal lines on Evga Gtx 680.

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by litwicki24, Oct 29, 2012.

1. litwicki24

Thanks Received:
    Hi.I just got a Evga Gtx 680, when i play games after a few seconds when the card start warming up i start getting scrolling horizontal lines across the screen, they are quite faint and dont distort the picture, looks like tv interferance, im using a adapter dvi-vga cable . It only happens in games or 3dmark 11 or after exiting game in short time ( 1 or 2 minute ) on Windows 7.

Also i plug to that computer my other card MSI GTX 680 TWIN FROZR and that problems no occur. With Twin Frozr i dont have that issue. Only with that Evga Gtx 680;/ Maybe that Evga Gtx 680 have lower quality components and more sensitivity to run with DVI-VGA cable with adapter? Please help.
    My monitor is LCD ,max 1440x900 resolution , brand ASUS.

Movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YTSHDSsPVAs

screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And i repeat last time. On other cards like Msi Gtx 680 Twin Frozr i dont have that issue. Even on my friends card Msi Gtx 680 ( reference ) i dont have that issue too on my pc. Cheers, please help.

2. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    Card is probably fault.
    You say MSI have better components inside than EVGA.
    Everybody know EVGA make best in their non stock cards. Maybe because of that for more than year selling their cards in my country people still only complain on ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI.
    I hear maybe two fault EVGA, 9800 and 8800 I think, after that series 2xx, series 4xx and mid range graphics from series 5xx and series 6xx nobody complain in public.
    And I can tell you I saw boxes and boxes of their cards in retailer shop. Now only few models stay.
    Probably you have eyes and you can look with own eyes and conclude. I always know to recognize details and people call me to look sometimes original jeans or tshirt because they want to avoid forge and I feel much better when hold EVGA HW in hands. Yes ASUS think on details to and their HW is best from that part of the world. I mean if you count all east manufacturer ASUS have best designers but EVGA is totally difference for me better and nicer than ASUS. If you have problem change card...

3. solofly

solofly New Member

Thanks Received:
    Before you consider RMA you should really try a different cable without an adapter and even a different monitor. (ask a friend for a hand) Also, eVGA has their own forum so if I were you I would go over there and post this as well. Good luck and pozdrowienia z Kanady...;)

http://www.evga.com/forums/tt.aspx?forumid=80

4. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    :shadedshu more useless info :laugh:

OP i would try what solofly said and did you get it at a local shop ?

also why gtx 680 on a 1440x900 screen :confused:

5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Quoting the actual useful information of the post.

Try a different cable and if possible a different monitor. If the result is the same, return the card.

6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    In my experience. Things like this usually happen when either the cable or the monitor is picking up some interference.

As a few others already suggested. try switching the cable out or move your monitor away from any sources of interference, your monitor could be sitting too close to the PC/PSU or some speakers which arent magnetically shielded. If neither of these work then hire a exorcist because paranormal activity has been known to cause interference in many electrical/digital devices.