• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Strange horizontal lines on Evga Gtx 680.

Hi.I just got a Evga Gtx 680, when i play games after a few seconds when the card start warming up i start getting scrolling horizontal lines across the screen, they are quite faint and dont distort the picture, looks like tv interferance, im using a adapter dvi-vga cable . It only happens in games or 3dmark 11 or after exiting game in short time ( 1 or 2 minute ) on Windows 7.

Also i plug to that computer my other card MSI GTX 680 TWIN FROZR and that problems no occur. With Twin Frozr i dont have that issue. Only with that Evga Gtx 680;/ Maybe that Evga Gtx 680 have lower quality components and more sensitivity to run with DVI-VGA cable with adapter? Please help.
My monitor is LCD ,max 1440x900 resolution , brand ASUS.

Movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YTSHDSsPVAs

screens:

And i repeat last time. On other cards like Msi Gtx 680 Twin Frozr i dont have that issue. Even on my friends card Msi Gtx 680 ( reference ) i dont have that issue too on my pc. Cheers, please help.

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Card is probably fault.
You say MSI have better components inside than EVGA.
Everybody know EVGA make best in their non stock cards. Maybe because of that for more than year selling their cards in my country people still only complain on ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI.
I hear maybe two fault EVGA, 9800 and 8800 I think, after that series 2xx, series 4xx and mid range graphics from series 5xx and series 6xx nobody complain in public.
And I can tell you I saw boxes and boxes of their cards in retailer shop. Now only few models stay.
Probably you have eyes and you can look with own eyes and conclude. I always know to recognize details and people call me to look sometimes original jeans or tshirt because they want to avoid forge and I feel much better when hold EVGA HW in hands. Yes ASUS think on details to and their HW is best from that part of the world. I mean if you count all east manufacturer ASUS have best designers but EVGA is totally difference for me better and nicer than ASUS. If you have problem change card...

solofly

System Name Gaming Rig
Processor i7 3770K @ 4.3 @ 1.15V (<70C)
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling NH-C12P SE14
Memory Vengeance 16GB LP 1600MHz 1T
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 680 SLI @ 1199 & 1173 Base @ 1081
Storage Intel 510/Crucial M4/Kingston V100/WD VelociRaptor
Display(s) 27", 24" & 23.6" 3D LCDs (BenQ & Acer)
Case Antec LanBoy Air, Blue
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality
Power Supply Antec HCP-1200W
Software MS Windows 8 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores I'm the best of the best of the best...
Before you consider RMA you should really try a different cable without an adapter and even a different monitor. (ask a friend for a hand) Also, eVGA has their own forum so if I were you I would go over there and post this as well. Good luck and pozdrowienia z Kanady...;)

http://www.evga.com/forums/tt.aspx?forumid=80

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
Card is probably fault.
You say MSI have better components inside than EVGA.
Everybody know EVGA make best in their non stock cards. Maybe because of that for more than year selling their cards in my country people still only complain on ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI.
I hear maybe two fault EVGA, 9800 and 8800 I think, after that series 2xx, series 4xx and mid range graphics from series 5xx and series 6xx nobody complain in public.
And I can tell you I saw boxes and boxes of their cards in retailer shop. Now only few models stay.
Probably you have eyes and you can look with own eyes and conclude. I always know to recognize details and people call me to look sometimes original jeans or tshirt because they want to avoid forge and I feel much better when hold EVGA HW in hands. Yes ASUS think on details to and their HW is best from that part of the world. I mean if you count all east manufacturer ASUS have best designers but EVGA is totally difference for me better and nicer than ASUS. If you have problem change card...
:shadedshu more useless info :laugh:

OP i would try what solofly said and did you get it at a local shop ?

also why gtx 680 on a 1440x900 screen :confused:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Card is probably fault.

Quoting the actual useful information of the post.

Try a different cable and if possible a different monitor. If the result is the same, return the card.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
In my experience. Things like this usually happen when either the cable or the monitor is picking up some interference.

As a few others already suggested. try switching the cable out or move your monitor away from any sources of interference, your monitor could be sitting too close to the PC/PSU or some speakers which arent magnetically shielded. If neither of these work then hire a exorcist because paranormal activity has been known to cause interference in many electrical/digital devices.