1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Strange problem with DVDRW drive

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by OzzmanFloyd120, Apr 7, 2008.

1. OzzmanFloyd120

OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    I have a really weird problem. I never noticed until I installed Vista SP1, but when I put a cd or dvd into the drive (let's say Kane's Wrath) the drive will spin, and do it's thing. Problem is though that it doesn't autorun anymore. Then on top of that when I take the disc out and put in another (let's say BF2) it still won't autorun. When I go to my computer and get to the drive the old fashioned way it will still show the icon for Kane's Wrath and be labeled CNC:KW or whatnot. When I explore the directory all the files are the BF2 files, but it shows the Kane's Wrath icons. Can anybody help?

2. Duxx Guest

My old P4 did this on XP, i bought it premade and never could figure out why it would never auto load, only way to access was in my computer :(. I;m no help but i would also enjoy an explanation for this.

What brand is your optical... maybe mine is the same :)?

3. OzzmanFloyd120

OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    LG Dual Layer DVDRW

4. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    I suppose you checked the regular autoplay options under "my computer". Some softwares change autoplay occasionally