1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Strange sound while running 3d view

Discussion in 'ATITool Bug Reports' started by darkneomd2, Jul 17, 2005.

1. darkneomd2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok... Been having some fan problems with my asus eax800 xt ... so i dled this tool to controle the fan ... seems to work better then asus smart doctor. most of the time i can keep fan humming at around 3200 rpm. But i recently got a new 580 watt psu in hopes of solving the problem. of my fan on vga card.
    the psu is 580 watt with a 24 pin connector but no physical pci express car power line.
    still using stupid 2 molex to 1 6 pin connector adapter. Now i notice if i go into 3d view i hear a slight buzzing sound comming from the psu...is this normal perhaps do to switching in the power supply or should i ditch this power supply for a more expensive one with all the bells and wistles. :(
  2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yes it can happen .. the problem is created by the combination of the motherboard, video card and psu. technically it is not a problem, it is just annoying
  3. darkneomd2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    =).. hmmm

Well i had another power supply and the sound never use to happen to my knowledge.. another thing is when i run 3d test .the vga card fan would slightly decrease in power... is this an indication that perhaps i need a power supply with a little more balls perhaps higher quality... i just got this 580 watt power supply to make shure it wasn't the lack of watage that was causing my fan to stall.. fan currently running at 69-80% and is an improvment over the 0% i was getting with the other psu.. but i don;t know ... im just tired been up for likr 3 days trying to make my fan hit 100%