1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

struggling with x800 pro vivo

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by bstarr101, Dec 17, 2005.

1. bstarr101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey I'm pretty new here so I'm sorry if I've overlooked something in my research. I've read through a lot of the threads here (including the sticky of course) and still am without a solution to my problem.

A couple weeks ago, I bought a sapphire x800 pro vivo pci-e from a friend and was eagerly looking forward to unlocking all 16 pipes. However, after numerous attempts I still remain with my original 12. I have been trying to use the modified flashrom and have tried several different xt bioses. However, each xt bios i have tried flashing makes windows detect the card as a x800 gt with lower clock speeds and still only 12 pipes.

I tried to flash the x800 pro vivo 16p bios, but that resulted in a black screen. Blindly, I was able to flash back to the original bios and am where i'm at today.

Again I apologize if my question has been answered elsewhere, but I did as much research as i could before posting. Thankyou for your time.

2. bstarr101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone?

3. peta01

peta01 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can you post here your fuses data?

4. noneed4me2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    only pro vivo AGP cards ever had success at 16p mods. PCI/E cards have a laser cut and bios disable, but their is another means that the pipes are disabled. Dolph tried a while to figure it out with no success. Alot of newer GTO cards are actually rebadged pro cards, unmoddable unfortunately.

5. bstarr101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was under the impression that it was possible to perform the mod to pci-e cards, although that did cross my mind.

"The modified flashrom has been updated on Jan 03 2005 to support both AGP and PCI-Express X800 Pro VIVO cards. The mod is the same, just get a X800 XT PE PCI-E BIOS when flashing a PCI-E card."

So i guess i'm stuck with 12 then. Ah it could be worse

6. noneed4me2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    some have tried on the pci/e but i don't know the success rate but i do think there were a few but these were all done strictly on the bios side and i think manufacturer played a part to. But yea a 12p card aint no slouch either.