1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Stunning new HP/Voodoo laptop and tower...

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by InnocentCriminal, Jun 11, 2008.

1. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    I really freakin' like these designs, I mean really freakin' like these designs....

[​IMG]

Air beater? I'd like to think so...

... but it's this that I really like, just wish it came in black!

[​IMG]

For more, click 'ere!

2. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    I dont care much about air......seems like you will have to spend more on it than what you payed for it.......but I've been a fan of voodoo ever since I built my pc which was......4 years ago? or 5. well if they actually do start at $2,000 imma buy one....love voodoo, that desktop looks...GREAT!, the laptop looks great also. I would still go for that desktop though, laptop will have to wait seeing as how I dont think you can upgrade that

3. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, laptops over 15" piss me off. The whole point of laptop is so that they're portable right? I freakin' hate (with a passion) 17"+ laptops (or notebooks, whatever y'want to call them).

I like small cases, so if they could release (or someone blatantly stealing this idea) but in a pint sized case I'd freakin' happy. I love simplistic design.

4. Error 404

Error 404

Thanks Received:
    Hey, like minds!
    I hate all laptops that are 15" or larger: my 14" Inspiron is large.
    Unfortunately, the VooDoo Laptop is very badly done in every way except for the looks.
    I read the PDF spec sheet, and it sucks. $2099, and you get:
    1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
    ONE USB port! ONE!!
    1/2 GB RAM
    Intel X3100 graphics!!
    No disk drive!

For that price, I could get a really, REALLY good Dell CPS 1330, which looks damn good.
    However, it can be excused if the price is because of the SSD that they use. They do have a HDD option, but its a measly 4200 RPM one. Also, if Asus can fit a disk drive in a 12" laptop, then VooDoo could certainly fit a drive into a 13" once!
    If they sort out the pricing and USB issue, then I'll buy it. If they don't, I'll buy a Macbook or a Dell XPS.

Desktop looks cool though.:D

5. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, the laptop is more than crap for the price, but I presume your paying for looks more than the hardware, which is stupid!

6. Error 404

Error 404

Thanks Received:
    I'm not buying one.
    I'd rather have something with a higher power to weight ratio: IE, a Dell XPS 1330!
    Oh, and another gripe: the VooDoo comes with a 3 cell battery. :shadedshu
    Seriously, my sister's Toshiba Portege 7200 came with a better battery! (except its dead).