1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Stupid question of the day! (Which motherboard should I choose?)

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by andrewhignight, Jun 5, 2012.

1. andrewhignight New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok guys I'm back with another easily answerable question. I'm new to pc building and my new rig from newegg will be coming this week (thur or fri) and my cousin was helping me out picking parts. I get cpu's,memory,gpu's,cases,psu,etc... and how different ones give different results performance etc. The motherboard he recommended for my build is this: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA...

And i get its a great mobo for my price point and needs but I was looking around and seen asus has like 10 + different types of mobo variation of the p8z77 and its driving me crazy not knowing what the differences are. I understand pro vs p8z77, but i dont get why they have so many motherboards for essentially the same price. If someone has the time to explain to my slow ass it would be greatly appreciated. And yes my grammar is horrible (along with sentence structure.)
  2. andrewhignight New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Yo_Wattup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just look at the specs of each one, usually its things like for example, 8 usb2 ports at the rear with no bluetooth capabilities on one, where another would be 8 usb2 ports but with Bluetooth capability. Just random things like that. Different types of expansion slots is another example.

So it really depends what you want personally.
  4. andrewhignight New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not to be a negative Nancy but I hate when companies put out like 20 different models of products all with minor differences, offer 5 different models with clear differences.
  5. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    its all for money and try to fit everyones needs. The higher end more expensive boards are really built for overclocking and gaming, etc. Gigabyte has a ton of boards too.
  6. Liquid Cool

Liquid Cool

Thanks Received:
    Newegg's compare feature works quite well in these situations.

Best,

LC