1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Stuttering Cube

Discussion in 'ATITool Bug Reports' started by michiel1978, Jun 27, 2005.

1. michiel1978 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a Sapphire Radeon 9250, the cube in ATITool rotates for 2/3 seconds, then stops for 0.5 seconds and then resumes rotation. Is that normal, or maybe a bug (because I have seen this problem reported in your TODO list).

2. DJManiac New Member

Thanks Received:
    same "problem" here!

Made a clean xp install and it works fine! After installation of my needed :) tools (running background) again the same thing....stuttering!

Found out if I stop several little program running background (in tray) the cube circles better and then perfect ...

dont know if that can be fixed.... dont have the problem with ATI Tray tools for example

3. Jadawin

Jadawin

Thanks Received:
    Same problem here - it's MBM5 causing it for me. Exit MBM5 and it's fine. Start it, and the cube does it's little stop and go.

4. SNIPE22 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had the same problem and it also detects more artifacts, but everything changed after I install doom3 last night the cube stop stuttering and is working fine and no more artifacts either I think doom3 installs directx9.0b files even though I still have directx 9.0c I'm not sure if that is what is causing the problem the new directx version

5. DJManiac New Member

Thanks Received:
    Interesting - this DirectX thing... will test it

6. tlai New Member

Thanks Received:
    Getting the stuttering here as well, tried the beta version no good... turned off all temp monitor programs and it still stutters.

Strange it's now spinning quite smoothly atm but it still has a small jerk in it. Whats interesting is that i can see this jerk while i'm playing world of warcraft..... whats wrong?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  7. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:
    Post your cards and you may see a trend. My 9100 dose it a little and my 9200 is worse. IMO the program is just giving you cards more than they can handle. My X800 on the other hand has no issues at all on the same computer.