1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sub Next to Case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Duxx, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Duxx Guest

Soooo I have my Z-5300 sub sitting about 3 inches away from my computer. With full bass playing quite often. Is it detrimental to the longevity of my computer? Should i move it to the top of my desk?(computer) I have a problem with the "length" of coords. And my desk at school is a piece of crap so i cant move it to the other side of desk.
    Only 2 options are
    -Below desk
    -On top of desk, same side.
    Just curious if this causes any dmg?:confused:
    Thanks!

What about putting my printer on top of my sub? >.< I need more room :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2008
  2. Silverel

Silverel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sub's usually have a pretty big magnet in em, that'd be what I would worry bout. Mine is under the desk, opposite the case and monitor, pretty much by it's lonesome.
  3. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    sound vibrations can be "felt" by you AND by your computer so if your going to leave it there this is what you need to do, get a piece of styrofoam board like they use building houses and cut a piece big enough to cover the side of your computer case then put it between the sub and the case. it will block the sound from pounding on the case. next put some soft rubber under your computer cases feet to block the vibrations coming from the desk.
    (do the rubber under the feet even if you put it under the desk, if you feel it vibrating)
    thats it, your fine to leave it like it is and rock on. :rockout:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  4. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    I agree, on most sound systems every speaker is magnetically shielded, EXCEPT the sub, so they do not affect other electrical equipment, (have you ever seen what a strong magnet can do to a crt tv? :eek:), do you have the manual, maybe that can tell you if it is shielded or not, if not get it as far from your PC as cables allow!

Hope it helps.
  5. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    speaking of monitors you better put it under the desk so that magnet doesnt screw up your monitor.
  6. BullGod

BullGod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well as long as files don't start "magically" disappearing from your HDD you're fine...
  7. PrudentPrincess

PrudentPrincess New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah don't you just love it when the sector thats corrupted on your HDD is the part with the Windows system files in them? :(