1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

!!Success!!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Bow, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    I had a little time last night so I was able to flash my BIOS, went to version 1002 and that opened up a few more options.
    the only thing I did was set the FSB to 1333 and set the memory unlinked to 1:1 and it hit 3.0ghz, I didn't need to adjust any voltages, yet.

I am going to need to tweek some things. I had to put my old memory back in,( some old A-Data ) and the timmings were 5-5-5-32 t2 so I am ordering new RAM today and will play with the timmings and get them to 4-4-4-12.

My son woke up so I didn't get any time to do much stress testing, or to run any bench marks. Temps seemed fine, but I am going to get another fan to suck more air into the case. Is EVEREST good enough to be checking temps?

Now I have a question, is that little watercooler I have enough to keep things cool if/when I start pushing things up even more? I think I my drop the water and go to air.

Now that all of you have got me hooked on overclocking ( my wife says thanks race cars, archery werent enough) I want to get a new motherboard, and a faster processor.

So what are your thoughts and suggestions.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I don't knowwhat kind of water set up you have. If it is a single loop system that is just with a single rad then it should have enough power to cool it... Water is just like Air in the since of how you look at things.. On the quad core chips I never think of going over 70c no matter what on load... Thats just me... if you have leg room and what not, push the baby to the end of the road..
    Good luck!