1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sucking energy from the electromagnetic spectrum

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by twilyth, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    What?

2. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
  3. Frick

Thanks Received:
    Ah that stuff. Michael Crichton wrote a novel similiar to that. And it's nothing like this.

4. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I just had a quick skim of the video again - it's apparently either the quasi-crystal or the meta-material that is able to "run off the ambient electromagnetic energy that permeates throughout space and time" yada yada (6:30)

5. Frick

Thanks Received:
    And now that theory is being tested obviously, but not by weird ufologists but proper scientists. And mr AlienScientist talks about tons of stuff that is being researched and .. I just don't understand your point.

6. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    My point is; it's not going to make a difference within my lifetime, so why care?

I don't exactly expect anyone to understand my point, and besides, arguing my opinion is silly anyway; it's only an opinion at the end of the day :p

7. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Seiko 5's are mostly powered by 7S26 movement. All mechanical watches are "inaccurate" because there is no way to achieve precision of quartz. But some most expensive models do come quite close to that. And despite the fact my also goes slightly too fast, it's very consistent. I sync it with atomic clock every once in a while and i love it. Plus, it's better if it's slightly too fast since this will mean you'll attend everything too soon which is less harmfull than being too late. I wouldn't trade my Automatic for anything else.

8. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    about four years ago i worked as a board repair tech at an electronics company all i did all day was repaire bus mini black box recorders(to record fares/moneys) they were sealed permanently and powered by arial inductance from a close pad powered arial, exactly the same thing imho and i doubt that was its first appearance.:rolleyes:

coincidentally most had been killed in a microwave for 45 seconds, which begs the question wtf will happen to someone getting hit by lightning in an arial T shirt (with taky Flashing Nike badge)

lmao bang on :roll: and on the whole in this green eco high bandwidth fibre optic low power society i do not see that power being emmited forever at usefull levels

might power a flashin NIKE badge tho:rolleyes:

More than 25k PPD