1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

suggestions on a new adsl modem router please

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by white phantom, Dec 11, 2011.

1. white phantom

white phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hiya guys :)

Well to start off my trusty netgear DG834GT has finally started to bite the bullet after a good 4-5 years of constant on and downloading heavy net usage, it just started to crash out after a couple of hours of downloading and then suddenly dropped my line speed (about 2.87 - 3mbps) down to 0.60mps:laugh:

so i was just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for routers to replace it (running on backup netgear in the meantime) that are not to expensive looking to spend around nothing to maybe 30 quid (british pounds) so nothing mega fancy just for online gaming and downloading , would be suitable for a semi detached house upstairs and down with reception thats pretty strong and if available comes with the wee USB dongles since i have my wee bros pc that needs it to connect :)

Thanks guys :cool:

2. kciaccio New Member

Thanks Received:
    Netgear has very good adsl modems. I was very happy with mine and used it for a few months until I switched to Uverse and then I gave it to a neighbor which still uses it and I see he has a very strong signal strength to my house still. lol