Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by giorgos th., Aug 17, 2006.
oh...engineering samples, nice. thanks for the reply
actually, don't engineering samples state that they are indeed ES chips in the name or specification field in CPUZ? *confused*
i have a retail 6600 (L28B).i manage to reach 3800+ with 1.6Vcore and air cooling,eventhough cpu-z reads 1.213.
Wanna swap for my POS L28A :shadedshu
to tell you the truth M8,evethough i dont have the best air cooler (Gigabyte G-power cooler),i expected more from my 6600....it`s one of the best steppings out there...
3825 seems not good to me...
Thats lightyears ahead of my POS
i guess the only way to find out is to buy a much better cooler...
New score now
E6400 @ 4.1ghz : 14.25 sec
please use the 1.5XS version.
that was a previous screeny ...
i'll update to 1.5 and repost later.
thanks for the info.
Ok, so last night just for the heck of it I reset my bios to stock settings and ran Super Pi. I then overclocked it back to where it was, and ran Super Pi again. The problem is that both scores were exactly the same even though my 3dMark06 was different for the two settings. WTF.....do i need a different version of Super Pi?
are you o/cing through bios or through win?
You seem to have missed one result back there...
i`ll fix it later.
a bit better.....must buy a better cooler to try 4ghz with air...
prolly 25secs like me!!!!
another one with the G-power cooler at max rpm.
ONLY with 1.5 XS AND checksum.
1. alpha0ne: 12.640 (Intel E6600 @ 4072)
2. giorgos th.: 12.843 (Intel E6600 @ 3963)
3. largon: 12.969 (Intel E6600 @ 3969)
4. IluvIntel: 13.594 (Intel E6600 @ 3752)
5. VOCCH : 13.797 (Intel E6600 @ 3735)
6. ssgwright: 13.953 (Intel E6700 @ 3650)
7. gR3iF: 14.328 (Intel E6600 stock)
8. Lt_JWS: 14.500 (Intel E6600 @ 3500)
9. W2hCYK: 14.797 (Intel E6600 @ 3442)
10. boneface: 14.922 (Intel E6400 @ 3977)
11. sladesurfer: 15.484 (Intel E6300 @ 3709)
12. mikelopez: 16.766 (Intel E6300 @ 3430)
13. tigger69: 17.297 (Intel E6400 @ 3400)
14. trog100: 26.547 (A64 4000+ @ 3270)
15. mandelore: 26.937 (A64 4000+ @ 3093)
16. Wolverine: 27.171 (A64 3700+ @ 3000)
17. tigger69: 29.937 (Intel Pd 930 @ 4431)
18. Alec$taar: 31.390 (A64 X2 4800+ @ 2840)
19. Ketxxx: 31.984 (A64 3200+ @ 2650)
20. pt: 32.094 (A64 3000+ @ 2600)
21.wazzledoozle: 34.766 (A64 3200+ @ 2403)
22. cdawall: 39.484 (A64 3000+ @ 2480)
Here's my first squirt, will tweak a bit later, had all me backgrounds runnin for this:
With what CPU frequency was that 26.657s SPi1M of yours run at?
Surely not the 3.27GHz (!) your system specs read.
3.2 dead on....why?
Nevermind, I was just comparing your result with my old Opty146 + Winbond rig which did 26.321s @ 3118MHz 259MHz tCL2-tRCD2-tRP2 but then I noticed you'r running on 2GB 2.5-3-2 set.
Separate names with a comma.