1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Super Talent Introduces Value Bolt SSD Series

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Oct 9, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Super Talent Technology, a leader of NAND Flash storage solutions, today announced their fourth-generation Value SSD (VSSD), the VSSD Bolt. The new VSSD Bolt is perfect for business and home users who want the performance and durability gains of solid-state drives without breaking the budget.

The Bolt features a second-generation SandForce processor and offers fast read/write speeds of up to 250 MB/s – up to three times faster than previous-generation VSSDs. TRIM support and S.M.A.R.T. Command Transport (SCT) technology keep the Bolt performing like new and help prevent data loss by reporting on a number of reliability indicators.

[​IMG]

The Bolt enables faster system boot times and application loading, less system power consumption, and greater reliability compared to a traditional hard disk drive. It can be used with netbooks, notebooks, desktops, and even embedded or enterprise applications.

“We are proud to announce this new and improved addition to our Value SSD line. The Bolt will be the most affordable SSD for our customers – without compromising quality or performance,” said Abraham Ma, CEO, Super Talent Technology.

With seven different capacities to choose from, you can easily find the right capacity to meet your storage needs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    Who needs 16GB? :confused:

3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Could be nice in some modding/DIY projects. I wish they were 1.8' or MSata though. :(

4. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I haavve been wanting an ssd for awhile but they are so expensive. I got the cheapest one of these ssd's. I used the softwaaare and moved windows over to the ssd. It says I have 1mb free space PLEASE HELP. Why do I not have enough space?! The guy at the store said 16 would be more than plenty.

On a serious note. I could see use of a cheap 16gb ssd for some DIY stuff. If you know your not going to be using more than 8gbs of files and want ssd speeds.... I think the 16gb version is for you.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Or if you're building a small portable system that can stand a beating.

6. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    For when you want an ssd you can beat on without much concern. Like on the go, or extreme usage, etc.

Crunching for Team TPU