1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Supreme FX II vs. Steelseries USB Soundcard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RoL3887, Sep 1, 2008.

1. RoL3887 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just a quick question....

I had the steelseries usb soundcard on my old computer and I just built a new computer and my mobo (asus p5e) came with the supreme fx II sound card? I know both the soundcards aren't all that good, but I just wanted to know which would give me the better sound? I am not in the market for a better soundcard yet so I will make due with what i have now. Thanks

2. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Use whatever one you personally find better. Im thinking "thinking" it might be the SupremeFX.

I dont think thier very different in terms of sound quality but you may notice a difference with one from the other, trying using the FXII with its driver and just plug in the USB card to test that one out. you can switch back and forth freely since usb sound would bypass the FXII I believe like a normal soundcard would be bypassed.

Hopefully I dident confuse you with how I worded this :p

3. RoL3887 New Member

Thanks Received:
    OH okay. Thanks.. Would the sound quality make a different if I don't install the Driver CD for the USB soundcard? I'm on the supreme fx right now. Not really sure how the quality is since i've never really heard sound coming from a really good REAL soundcard.

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well depends on how picky you are...but if you want good sound quality output, you should also have some good sound quality speakers if you want true appreciation...I have an X-Fi Xtreme Music which is a decent sound card, has good specs and all...I didn't appreciate the true sound out of them till I got my Turtle Beach HPA2 headset...my Logitec x-230 2.1's sound good, but the headset sounds great...though with modern on-boards sounding better and better..I wouldn't worry too much.

Add-in cards usually have a crisper and louder output with well-rounded bass compared to on-board...just depends on if you're audiophile enough to notice or care for the difference!

:toast:

5. RoL3887 New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh okay thanks.. i'll look into that sound card. Won't be awhile though I just spend loads on my new setup and still need to get 2 hd 4870's. I'm not really an audiophile, Just want to get okay sound without any static or anything.. Decent clear sound, with good positional sound. My speakers are the creative intrigue 2300 (got em for 20 bucks) : ) .. Bass isn't the best, but as long as the sound is crisp, I'm happy. I also have the Steelseries behind the neck headset and I like them alot. So now I just want to see if I should use the USB headset or the Supreme FX II ??? Thanks again for the replies! Keep em coming. Just want to get a singled out reply if possbile to make my decision easier! thanks!