1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Survarium F2P now open for everyone to try for 1 day

Discussion in 'Games' started by Devon68, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Devon68

Devon68

Thanks Received:
    http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=12332&game=Survarium&title=Ex-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Devs Host Survarium Open-Day For F2P MMOFPS

Today April 25th Survarium is opening up to all of you for 24 hours. From midnight tonight, Kiev time (GMT+3) you will be able to download and install the game. Playing will be possible from April 25 at 11:00am GMT+3 (Kiev time) for 24 hours until April 26 at 11:00 GMT+3 (Kiev time).

The download size is 1.5 GB so I guess see you in the game.
    Download link:
    http://survarium.com/en

2. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I have to admit it looks pretty cool. I enjoyed S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:

gameplay looks good, I'm dling it

4. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I grabbed it last night but can't play till after work.

I noticed it will be f2p but with a premium monthly sub option. I didn't see what the monthly sub was. I also didn't see what kind of items they plan to sell in their store to support the f2p model.

Visually I like what i see but is it worth paying for? Gonna find out tonight.

5. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    I loved the hell out of the stalker series and was SO looking forward to the next one. When they collapsed/no-not-really/ok-yes-we-did, I was really hoping that they would pull it together and make it anyway. Then, I saw what they had planned..... I'll give it a try tonite, but I really think they're just trying to grab all the cash they can with their product, and looks like a complete pay-to-win model.

5 Million points folded for TPU
  6. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    Downloaded this morning...will be playing when I get home from work. Signed up to this site a while back and forgot about it (friend sent it to me). Interested to see how it plays.

7. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Well from watching videos it looks hella good. I like that there are different game modes too. I can play alone, co-op or with everyone. I think the amount of people playing on any given map is quite limited though. And there are only a handful of maps atm.

8. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    Looks like a lot of what made STALKER a good game (atmosphere) is ruined. I'll give it a try, but it will most likely have spots of real gameplay between hours of mundane grinding unless you pay more than the game is worth.

erocker says thanks.
  9. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    So I tried it....it's pretty boring. Seemed like a deathmatch (second match I was in) and first match was like capture the flag sort of stuff...environment was interesting, but gameplay was really slow and felt clunky as hell. Never played Stalker personally but I'm not a fan of this so far.

10. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Jesus this is terrible. I'm uninstalling now.

Guitarrassdeamor says thanks.
  11. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I made an account and now I'm not going to even bother installing with the comments posted. 2Bad looks great.

12. m0nt3

Thanks Received:
    Not what I was expecting at all. sad, I am a huge fan of the stalker games. There is something about the graphics that make it look cartoony in a way, or maybe like everything is made of plastic.

13. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    Glad I wasn't alone thinking it was terrible. :D I played another match and did pretty well, probably because I was lagging like a bitch, and it just reinforced my thoughts before. Combat and movement is clunky as hell, very unorganized feeling IMO. Menus are terrible, sound is awful as well. Game throws you in and doesn't explain things either, had no idea I wasn't supposed to go places and would get infected or some shit...shooting felt bad and just overall the game was pretty bad.

14. Devon68

Devon68

Thanks Received:
    I agree it's not looking like something from 2014 but the 4-5 matches I've played enjoyed it. At one point the game crashed on me and once I've fallen through the map and got stuck under it but it's a BETA so it's ok. Might give it a try once it gets released but that seem far away.

15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My thoughts as well.

16. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    IMO STALKER type games have always been about the atmosphere and pacing, and the sp experience of going it alone in an environment hostile with various enemy factions, mutants and weather anomalies. I watched about 3/4 of that video and there's nothing to convince me this has anything more than the CoD type games, except for a STALKER-like window dressing.

If this is stripped down to just factions, which it appears to be, much of the STALKER feel will be lost. It would be nice if intermittent severe weather, anomalies and mutants were somehow thrown into the mix. More and more the coop type games that have such AI or human controlled elements are becoming a favorable and refreshing change from the typical faction fighting of most mp games.

(EDITED)
    Just found this on a Facebook Q&A page about the game:

"Q: What kind of dangers can the player expect to find in the game world?
    A: You can expect traps, anomalies, unexpected enemy actions, weird and dangerous mutants and much, much more.

Q: How true will Survarium stay to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series?
    A: Many of the game elements will be in common, such as survival, anomalies, factions, mutants etc."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Survarium/posts/402277509793685

Wonder why they didn't mention any of this in the dev interview video. I'm assuming the anomalies and mutants are AI vs player controlled.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    Devon68 says thanks.
  17. Devon68

Devon68

Thanks Received:
    I haven't played any of the STALKER games, mostly because when they came out I still had my single core/AGP system (2004-2012) and couldn't even start it.
    Once the game will be final I will give it a try again and see how it improved.

18. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, the STALKER games are severely overrated and it doesn't surprise me a F2P game from the same people is mediocre.

19. RadFX

Thanks Received:
    I happen to think Stalker (all 3) are one of the best games ever released. Stalker is definitely underrated if anything.

20. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    The stalker singleplayer was utterly amazing. The atmosphere, graphics, gameplay, and the story... just mmmmm. The story is still one of the best I have played in games today. Shadow of Chernobyl was my favorite. The multiplayer of which I believe this is coming from was pretty poor.

RadFX and Ahhzz say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU