1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Swiftech® introduces new Maelstrom 5 ¼” Dual bay Reservoir

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by grouchon, Aug 5, 2012.

1. grouchon Swiftech Rep

Thanks Received:
    I am delighted to finally announce the release of the Maelstrom 5 1/4" Dual Bay Reservoir.

The product can either operate in a standalone mode, or be integrated with one or two MCP35x class pumps (all fitting in a dual bay).

5 versions are available:

- standalone
    - with factory pre-installed MCP35X single pump housing (for those who already own an MCP5x class pump)
    - with factory pre-installed MCP35X2 dual pump housing (for those who already own MCP35x class pumps)
    - with factory pre-installed MCP35X pump
    - with factory pre-installed MCP35X2 dual pumps

Pics gallery:

Standalone Front View
    [​IMG]

Standalone Rear View
    [​IMG]

With MC35X housing pre-installed - rear view
    [​IMG]

With MC35X housing pre-installed - housing detail
    [​IMG]

With MC35X2 housing pre-installed - rear view
    [​IMG]

With MC35X2 housing pre-installed - housing detail
    [​IMG]

With MCP35X pump installed
    [​IMG]

With mcp35x2 dual pump installed
    [​IMG]

Filled with various coolant colors - Notice coolant temperature controller and graduated level
    [​IMG]

Up to 3 return lines can be installed - Shown here with Swiftech Lok-Seal 3/4" compression fittings to illustrate compatibility
    [​IMG]

Anti Vortex/Anti bubbles design
    [​IMG]

Material:

- Face plate: Black anodized aluminum
    - Reservoir: Clear Acetal
    - Brackets: Nickel plated steel
    - Fill cap: chrome plated brass
    - Fittings: black painted (electrophoresis) brass
    - Pump inlet: Black POM

Dimensions

[​IMG]

Excerpt from Press Release:

The primary design concepts for this product line were modularity and compatibility with the MCP35x class pumps and their related accessories for upgrade purposes. Continuing the company’s long established tradition, the Maelstrom also includes a host of monitoring and operational safety features which combined together form a unique offering in the industry, such as: coolant temperature display, graduated level, anti-vortex design, multiple inlet ports, extra-large fill-port, and UV LED; its robust and elegant construction features a solid black anodized aluminum face plate with large cutouts allowing easy visualization of the coolant status. “When integrated with a single or dual MCP35X pump, the Maelstrom combines stunning looks with extreme performance features” said Gabriel Rouchon the company’s CEO “in this respect, I am equally proud of the fact that Swiftech® is now the only company in the world to offer an integrated pump with each major component of a liquid cooling system: with a radiator, the MCR-Drive™ radiator series, with a CPU waterblock, the Apogee™ Drive II, and now –at last, with a 5 ¼” bay reservoir: the Maelstrom! This unique ability will soon allow us to release new generations of complete liquid cooling kits catering to just about any user preference or case setup. Clearly, users and system builders now have more choices than ever before to configure their liquid cooling systems, and this is great news for the industry.”

2. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    Wait wait wait, when did I become a 5 1/4" dual bay reservoir?

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  3. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Definitely on my "to buy" list, I just wish it had a larger capacity. I run a 35X and have been holding off on a bay res because with the XSPC I would lose the benefits of my pump housing, not so with this sweetheart.

4. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Do want.

5. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Is there a way for european people to buy directly from Swiftech?
    Aquatuning has something but doesn't stock much Swiftech parts, I'd love to be able to purchase this reservoir and a couple of MCW82-7900 blocks.

6. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Sweet! If I was in a full tower/mid tower I'd be looking at this, alas I'm in small cases :( BUT it's OK because Swiftech makes the awesome Apogee Drive2! :rockout:

Amazing how they have been at the top of the heap since day 1, Swiftech #1 :)

7. grouchon Swiftech Rep

Thanks Received:
    Notified Andreas at Aquatuning of your post. I visited with him in July, and I'm quite confident that he's motivated to stock more Swiftech products.

In the meantime, please email laetitia@bacata.net she'll direct you to a source. note that we haven't started shipping to resellers yet (next week)

radrok says thanks.
  8. grouchon Swiftech Rep

Thanks Received:
    Thanks!

"in this respect, I am equally proud of the fact that Swiftech® is now the only company in the world to offer an integrated pump with each major component of a liquid cooling system: with a radiator, the MCR-Drive™ radiator series, with a CPU waterblock, the Apogee™ Drive II, and now –at last, with a 5 ¼” bay reservoir: the Maelstrom! "

9. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Thank you, I love your products and you can't imagine how happy I was when I could snap an Apogee Limited Gold here overseas :toast:

10. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I was just checking this thread again for more drooling and I came up with a question. Will you produce a G 1/4" adapter for the fill port in the top of the res? That is crucial in order to facilitate the installation of a case fill port, such as the one I have. Makes things much easier:

[​IMG]

11. MasterInvader

MasterInvader

Thanks Received:
    Very nice design, but for me it must have support for one/dual MCP655.

12. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    To amend the old adage:

Once you go MCP35x, you'll never go back.:laugh:

13. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, DDC pumps are awesome.

14. grouchon Swiftech Rep

Thanks Received:
    I understand. It wasn't in the plans, but let me see what we can do.

The 655 is a great pump, but the 35X provides more performance and adjustment functionalities in a smaller form factor. We do understand that we cannot please everyone, and that's OK :)

MT Alex says thanks.
  15. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is plain out sexy. i do want. love to get my hands on one for testing. Keeping my eyes on this one for sure.

Nice job Swiftech. +1

16. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Gabe, a suggestion if i may? Can you or do you include different colour inserts for the temp gauge to match coolant colours? Like what you do with the Apogee Drive2's

:toast:

17. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I may be getting one of these with dual pumps.
    I was wondering if you can use pump 1 water out and pump 2 water out at the same time...So say pump 1 go to cpu block then 240 rad then back in and one pump 2 goes to gpu block then another 240 rad then back in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I would love one if I could use my 655's in it.

19. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Thank you Gabe, Aquatuning has listed many of your new products a :toast: to you.

20. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    seeing these really makes me consider doing a watercooling build. my next rig is going to be a superb one!!

Id consider setting up a small loop for my 6970s at the moment as the heat they create is pretty intense but i dont think its worth the money seeing as im only going to be getting a new machine towards the end of the year.

someones already paid a small amount on my board, CPU and Ram to keep it in reserve.

gonna have one of these to cool a dual GTX 670 setup. definitely gonna go watercooled this time.