1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Switch 810 experience

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Elmo, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Elmo

Elmo

Thanks Received:
    Hi just wondering those who have switch 810 would like your opinion on the case..

So im an owner of one also but im quiet unhappy with the build quality.. well the internals eg : hard drive cage mounts and the fans are oddly slow and tend to blow out alot of hot air when i bf4.

Does anyone else have issues with their hdd brackets? When i push mine in the round stuff pop out and become stuck making it difficult for me to mount 3.5" stuff

I have been considering corsair 750D
  2. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:

I had it for a while, it's a great case. Good for air and even better for water. There are a few design flaws, like you mention and also the hdd brackets won't come out or in if the fan screws are too far in at the front. Due to being too long and catching the cages.

Airflow is great in it, it's very spacious and quite strong. But does get weak if all cages are out or side panels off
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Hot air means the cooling system is doing its job and removing heat from the inside. However, you could install more intake fans (if you don't already have all the spots for fans filled), to blow in more ambient room temperature air so the overall temperature will drop. BF4 is pretty demanding and will fully load your GPU and CPU and therefore generate a ton of heat.
  4. Elmo

Elmo

Thanks Received:
    Well thanks for the feedback/comments. Im very sure NZXT is going to be the last case i ever own unless they come up with better materials/designs . And my main complaint is the hard disk cage. As d1nky has mentioned > i have issues pulling the drives out or even sliding them in because of that round metal thing that makes it stuck and sometimes the round thing even comes out completely.. I have used a corsair case before and i recall it was much easier sliding in and out.. even on a coolermaster case which is a simple screw/turn.
    d1nky says thanks.