1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Switched cases...now pc isnt working right.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by happita, Dec 17, 2012.

1. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I replaced my Antec 900 with the Corsair 550D. My brother comes in the room and picks up my graphics card when Im assembling everything and my heart drops. So anyway, I get everything into the case and start it up. I hear all the fans in the case going, but no display, monitor goes black.
    I unplug the DVI from my graphics and try plugging the DVI into the motherboard to see if my graphics card was the problem, but I come up with the same result. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried reseating the gpu, cpu, and memory?

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Check all your wiring. Make sure all the proper power connectors are fully connected, especially the 24-Pin connector and 8-pin CPU Power connector.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. BlackOmega

BlackOmega

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like it's not POSTing.

Strip the rig down to the least amount of components possible. So remove all but one stick of RAM, remove the GPU, unplug the HDD's, etc. If it posts and you can get into the BIOS, then put back the components one at a time. So if you have 4 sticks of RAM, add one at a time and then test. If all are good, connect the HDD. if good, insert the GPU and so on.

happita says thanks.
  5. Hellraiser1981 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Check your MB standoff positioning. Also did you use proper antistatic precautions? Try bare minimum POST (Board,CPU,RAM) and reset CMOS. Also pull you GFX card and check the board. If BIOS is set to post PCI-E first and GPU is not working it will not fire up the MB's DVI port.