1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Switching LEDS

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Skrabrug, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm a little curious of how difficult it is to switch some LEDS around in case fans.
    In a couple of weeks I'll be getting a new case (cooler master HAF 932) and it has red LEDs in it but as tacky as it sounds I've always liked and used blue lighting in my cases (yeah i know there as common as hell these days but they still appeal to me :p)

the case has one 230x30mm in the front (Red LEDs)
    one 230x30mm on the side
    and another 230x30mm in the top

the case does offer 120mm fans to go into the top and the side (but not the front apparently) So i was thinking i could always just switch the side fan into the front and replace the side fan with four 120mm fans the shove a blue CCFL behind the front fan.
    but it also looks odd with the four 120mm fans with LEDS in the side o_O' (So i might just go with some 1200mm fans without LEDS in them)

or 4 of theres:
    [​IMG]

Front:
    [​IMG]

Side:
    [​IMG]

Side W/ 4 LED 120mm fans:
    [​IMG]

Whats everyone else think?
  2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    I personally prefer red and black over blue and black
  3. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah but that doesn't help me :p
  4. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    oh sorry what are you asking then?

and as for the side - the singular 12cm fan is going to be a lot quieter.
  5. jbunch07

jbunch07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it would look good with 4 leds on the side, but it will be louder that way.
    I plan on getting that case too but im going to replace it with all white led fans.

But im a little unsure of what your asking? Do you want to just replace all the red fans with 120mm blue ones?
  6. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    leaving those 230mm fans would be the best way to keep it quiet and neat. Just tossing a ccfl or two in there would work as after the fan ends it's just acrylic.
    Skrabrug says thanks.
  7. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    depending on the fan itself, the LEDs inside it can be wired differently or even have different LEDs (those tiny square ones as opposed to normal 5mm ones)
    Skrabrug says thanks.
  8. Skrabrug

Skrabrug New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol sorry I'm horrible at wording things (communication with other ppl has never been one fo my strong points xD)

I contacted coolermaster to find out if i could get a 2nd front fan so i can pull it apart and put blue LED's in it. thats option one.

option two is if i switch out the front fan and replace it with the side fan. then replacing the side fan with 4 120 blue LED fans. (but i don't really like the look of the 4 fans much)

what I'm attempting to work out is whether or not option one is worth the time and trouble when option two seems so simple.
  9. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received: