1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

System not performing well

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by SethKnows, Mar 1, 2014.

1. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:

Unplug it and see.
  2. SethKnows

Thanks Received:
    I unplugged every drive except for the SSD and it didn't fix it.
  3. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    Run fraps, while playing a game and post it to youtube. I'd like to see the issue.
  4. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    So are we now correct in assuming OP has literally replaced all hardware in his PC now?
  5. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    Except for a couple hard drives, yes.
  6. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    And he tried unplugging them, and using just the SSD, and using Just a HDD.
    Therefore the issue is not hardware related. Unless OP has bought faulty hardware.
  7. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    hmm, have u tried disabling onboard audio to see if it's the Realtek chip that messes around?

sry but i am not gonna browse through all 9 pages to read what u have tried and what u haven't.
  8. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    It's actually a good read. It could end up being a tutorial on problem-solving steps (not making a joke at all), because nearly everything has been done.
    puma99dk| says thanks.
  9. Baum

Thanks Received:
    well on the first page you can see the not as nicely fited cpu cooler...

air between the cooler and cpu => thermal threshold reached and downclocked all the time?
  10. SethKnows

Thanks Received:
    The temps aren't what I'd like them to be all of the time, but Prime95 for two hours puts it at 60 degrees
  11. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    I haven't read the entire thread as its far too long,

But is this entire thread about BF4's poor performance? BF4 spikes on most rigs. You rarely see a thread saying "Great job EA, BF4 runs like butter" because everyone knows its unpredictable.

Seth have you tried any other games?
  12. SethKnows

Thanks Received:
    Yes, Guild wars 2, crysis 3, tomb raider, far cry 3, Alan wake, league of legends, etc.
  13. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
    Hell, at this point try a different mouse and keyboard.

I'd also be curious to see the results of a firestrike run.
  14. SethKnows

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I have decided to sell everything in my system and restart fresh with ALL brand new parts. Most of the stuff I could send back to Amazon. I did rebuild a pc with what was left over and sold it to a friend, so far he hasn't noticed any problems, although he only play league. The only thing I didn't put in there was the ssd, so I'm not sure if that was the problem. I appreciate all your help, and when I get all my other parts I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again, pc gaming ftw
    RCoon, THE_EGG and FX-GMC say thanks.
  15. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Damn man that sucks, I hope the new stuff works out better for you.

I had a performance issue with CoH2 when I used to have a G1_Sniper-3. What would happen would be mega laggggg once I finished loading a map up and then it would minimize and say the Nvidia driver had stopped responding. Anyway long story short, after trying just about everything like new graphics cards, RAM, different CPU, updating and downgrading drivers for different devices etc, it turned out when I changed my Ethernet cable out of the 'Killer' E2200 port (had it plugged in there thinking it would perform better) and plugged it into the Intel Ethernet port it ran like a dream. Weirdest crap ever imo and I wasted many days with that haha.
  16. SethKnows

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I feel like it is something simple. I am not sure how I'm going to test the ssd yet.
  17. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Jesus, I'm glad, i was about to start suggesting the sacrifice of first borns to the computer voodoo God...
    I am amazed we never figured what it was. I guess when you buy your new kits you try and make it as different as possible, use different brands etc
  18. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    This would be much more helpful if it was while the game was running imho. A lot of things I've read don't diagnose the issue properly. First, we need to ensure that the main application isn't consuming all of your CPU power, then move to origin, then out from there.
  19. SethKnows

Thanks Received:
    I believe it was the Samsung ssd, maybe it got corrupted somehow, I'm not sure, it's been running fine without it. I took back what parts I could and sold the rest, time to build a new one. This pc will be a monster, I've already purchased the new mobo, processor, and ram. When the corsair 900d goes on sale I'll buy that, Otherwise, I'm waiting for the 780 ti 6gb. I am going to water cool it all but I might wait until I sli for that.
  20. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    check your optical drives for disks, or just unplug them, ive had a bad optical drive in the past slow a machines boot time way down, when i figured that out i threw it away for a new one, problem solved