1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

System Spec search function.

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by happita, Jul 7, 2013.

1. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I think it would be a really cool idea if we could search members of this forum and find out who has similar setups. Fellow members could connect with each other and figure out how close their configurations/voltages/temps are in reference to stock clocks or overclocks. And who better than someone who owns exactly what you have can give suggestions on how to fine tune their hardware?

A small search bar designated in the system spec section wouldn't be a bad place for it. If that's not feasible, then it could very well go into the "Advanced Search" section and have the search go by "System Specs" to have it filter out all who has a particular CPU or GPU. I think it would be a good alternative or should I say complimentary to using our regular search, which I usually find frustrating having to scroll through tens if not hundreds of threads to find what I want. What do you guys think?

"Search Entire Posts"
    "Search Titles Only"
    "Search System Specs"

??

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    i like where this is going

3. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    That actually sounds kind of cool, but might require adding a database of parts to select from for the sys specs drop down.