1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Take-Two Suggests PlayStation 3 (PS3) GTA IV Fix

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, May 3, 2008.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    In connection with the numerous reports of Grand Theft Auto IV freezing up on some PlayStation 3 consoles, Take-Two's technical support today posted a 12 step remedy that should fix the problems. Sony also confirmed the existance of the freezing issues with GTA IV and said that it is working with all concerned parties to pin down and fix the issue. The 12-part workaround response follows below the Read full story marker.

Source: GameSpot

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Wow. They're making you disable autosave in order to play in the resolution they advertised? And trash vibration? I hope they get this fixed, soon...

3. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    HAHAH, PS3 doesn't look so s***-hot now does it?

No issues on the 360 here.

Though I do find it very odd that they are saying you have to turn off all the useful features....

4. Mad-Matt

Thanks Received:
    Their not fixes, there work arounds for game bugs :mad:
    I hope they patch the game soon as im getting anoyed at having to delete the game cache file just to get it to load properly.

5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had any issues yet, *knock on wood*. Though I haven't had my PS3 conneted to the internet while using it. It does force me to play at 720p instead of 1080, but I don't really care, the game still looks good and most importnatly it is fun to play. I do hope they get a patch out soon though, I'm sure they will.

Wow, perfect proof of how the fanboys will jump on anything they possibly can. Maybe you should do a little research first, the 360 version has the freezing issue to, the PS3 version actually has a work around, unlike the 360 version. Oh, and how is Bully working out for you?

Last edited: May 3, 2008
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  6. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    Odd, I don't have any problems and I'm connected to the internet and sharing media...weird. Oh well, at least my PS3 still works unlike my dead trashy 360.

7. Ombracol New Member

Thanks Received:
    Reviewers?????????

What strikes me funny is that all these review sites give gta 10 out of 10 ....................did any of them really play the game????????????

shoman24v says thanks.
  8. 1c3d0g

1c3d0g

Thanks Received:
    Don't speak too loudly, little fella, as many XBox 360 users have experienced the lovely RROD just by playing this game. Obviously Rockstar screwed up somewhere (understandably, since it's a huge game content-wise) but the game needs major patching on both platforms to work correctly.

9. jbunch07

jbunch07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    that is one good thing about games going to consoles first, usually by the time they reach pc most of the kinks are worked out. im still looking forward to the game on pc...even if it takes 8 months

10. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    might aswell recall it from the shelves instead of leaving it on them, it blows buying a defective product.

11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, plus they need to fix this resolution issue.:rolleyes:

12. Basard

Basard

Thanks Received:
    I love how people are pretty much forced to have internet access on their CONSOLES, just because these people release shit games.... It's a console, it's supposed to be easy to make games compatible because it's all the same hardware on each console (well not anymore, I guess).

So now you MUST pay for internet access, so you can download your patches for pretty much every game in existence... lame... Then you download the patch, and the patch causes more issues probably, then your console blows up, and you must buy a new console.

13. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    You guys haven't been paying attention on the GTA4 scene.

Both the 360 and the PS3 are having the same exact freezing problem. Sony and Take2 already announced the issue with the PS3, but no word from Microsoft.

All those steps are to disable all the newly added features that were added to the ps3 from the last 2 months or so....thinking that ones of those things are causing the problem.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
    erocker says thanks.
  14. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Quite an unfortunate problem, although I have yet to see or experience it.

As far as what KTR said, and despite what fanboys have came in and said, this problem is relevent on both systems equally from what I've read. This is the worst part about fanboy talk (threads with fanboys in it like this one).

:ohwell:

15. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    KindaDefeats the purpose of moving from PC to console.

1c3d0g says thanks.
  16. shoman24v

Thanks Received:
    10 out of 10 is perfect. This game is far from perfect. If I'm correct this game isn't even running at 720p right?

17. Basard

Basard

Thanks Received:
    this is just ludicrous...

18. mep916

Thanks Received:
    I haven't experienced any freezing, but it has stalled a few times while loading. A simple shutdown/restart of the game solves the prob, but it's stil frustrating. :shadedshu

19. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    yea it froze up on me last night. it loads through the opening pictures and then when it tries to load up the save game is just sits there. i quit out and went to the save game data folder and it had 2 saves there so i deleted the oldest one and it the game loaded up just fine from my last save point. i think the problem is how the game saves its progress and how it talks with the PS3. this isnt a problem with the PS3, as xbox360 fan boys love to point out, it is a problem with how the game was programmed. for example if a pilot keeps crashing an airplane do you blame the airplane for the pilots poor flying ability ? of course not. i'm sure the fixes will be simple.

20. mep916

Thanks Received:
    Exactly...so this is the problem everyone else is having?

21. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    yea, im pretty sure we are all having similiar issues. all i did was delete the older save game file and it loaded fine.

22. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    It runs at 720p, it doesn't run at 1080i or 1080p, which it is advertised to run at. No game should ever recieve a 10 out of 10, no game is ever perfect.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  23. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats in your opinion. In their opinion the game is perfect, NOT yours. Stop whining about it.

24. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    LMFAO quarreling over a game is useless. That quote above is a kick to the Grill :nutkick::slap::laugh::roll:

25. Dangle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an issue. Carmen doesn't give me a healt boost when I call her... so I dumped her ass.

My only other prob with the game is the lousy controls when out of the car (aiming, covering etc.) Too bad it's not steamlined like Gears of War.