1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB] Tannoy mercury m20 speakers

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by AsRock, May 12, 2011.

1. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Been after a set of these for years and since i moved to the US it's been pretty much impossible.

So if some one has some let me know and i don't mind paying like $80 for postage either. I have seen some on ebay for £40.00 problem is i don't use ebay but be willing to set one up just to be able to get these.

( Item number 280672744459 ).

Pic at the bottom of post.

Attached Files:

2. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like my speakers, specifically mission speakers? How good are these? Worth picking up (I'm in the uk) ?

edit: specifically mission 760se
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well i got mine in the early 90's and still today i have never heard a better pair of speakers. Last pair of missions 700's i had the top end seemed pinched and although nice and clear sound with there cool foam cover they did not have that thump in the chest with a bass that you could feel though you.

These Tannoys came out around 1982-4 ( pending on model ) and with that front port and that soft cloth done they give of a rolling tight bass with a none harsh treble.

The missions i speak of were like these. I had some of there newer but smaller ones did not like those either but they were clear.
    http://www.classic-hifi.net/data/pdt/1273284197571.jpg

In the end sound is subjective and all this is imo.

Well if you got them and they were in fully working order ( like no distortion ) i be more than willing to buy them of you if you did not like them.